Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Options

Comments

• bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,950 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Picasso7 wrote: »
    I'm so tired that I am going to bed very soon. But I've a special meal on Monday. Is this Bubbs' beef please?

Tesco Beef Roasting Joint with Basting Fat (Approx 2.25Kg)

£7.00
    £3.11 / Kg

Do we think it will be good slow cooked?

Bubbs, brilliant weight loss by the way!

Dont know if thats it or not, but i can recommend the beef from morries we had last week was lush
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • Picasso7
    Picasso7 Posts: 4,038 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks Bubbs. I've just looked -- it's the one which is £4.50 per kilo? I'd rather pay more and know that it will turn out well.
  • Picasso7
    Picasso7 Posts: 4,038 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 15 December 2017 at 10:03PM
    Options
    Talking of Monday's dinner party. I started looking through my recipe books for a recipe for Christmas pudding ice cream. The book I have doesn't call it that and I've not made it for ages as I am now lactose intolerant. But I've decided it's just what I need. After failing to find it in the first books I looked at, I decided to Google, as I did remember it had marshmallows in it. And I found it! If anyone is looking for something really easy and very impressive, this is it, I am sure it is!

https://www.mumsnet.com/food/recipe/2109-Christmas-pudding-ice-cream

I used to soak the dried fruit in the sherry overnight before making it, by the way.
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,950 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Picasso7 wrote: »
    Thanks Bubbs. I've just looked -- it's the one which is £4.50 per kilo? I'd rather pay more and know that it will turn out well.

Oh its £5kg in asda sorry just got what you meant and £4.50 in morries x
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • pacifica9
    pacifica9 Posts: 3,262 Forumite
    Options
    Good evening Elite.
    Hoping everyone is warm, happy and well. Hugs to those no so. ((Wendy))
    Congrats on the award Bubbly Bubbles!
    Mrs Mac - I'm sure you've made the best decision. Thanks for thinking of me - after two stressful days (didn't even get to do a single droid transaction!) our fayre went really well today. We can chill out with our works party tomorrow night and then I hope to restock our school cupboard next week with any gift sets still working before the T offers end.
    “Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it.” ~ Ferris Bueller
  • Serendipitious
    Serendipitious Posts: 6,446 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 16 December 2017 at 7:46AM
    Options
    Have a good weekend all
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

• Sarahdol75
    Sarahdol75 Posts: 7,717 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I've been in the Midlands a few days this week, and did not think that it was too bad. I am sure most of the crashes are due to the way people drive (god I sound like my dad).

Im in a little village in the middle of nowhere though :(
  • Sunshinemummy
    Options
    thepearce wrote: »
    Before. Half price is just half price but multibuys take the full price. Look out for a £2 (ie free) drinks mag as well as the £2 food one.
    aallank wrote: »
    Hi,
    i'm planning a W's shop tomorrow for the half price desserts along with a few PYO, can anyone tell me if i were to pay on Self Service, when i use a £6 off £30 does the total need to be £30 at the end after offers or before ie 2 for £5 and pyo?

TIA :D
    aallank wrote: »
    No - shame as i'd love to get more :o but i've found a few PYO offers to add to my shop :D

I'm going tomorrow, so this has helped me. I will be a 'customer' a few times.... I think!
  • Sunshinemummy
    Options
    Sarahdol75 wrote: »
    Im in a little village in the middle of nowhere though :(

Sounds ideal x
  • Snap-ant
    Snap-ant Posts: 15,944 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    :)

Loo roll anyone?

32 rolls of Cushelle in Iceland £10
    Our Family Motto ~
    If all else fails - read the instructions...

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure