Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Options

Comments

• bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,926 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Arthien wrote: »
    Ah that's interesting, thanks. He's not massively into motor racing but I think he's interested enough that he'd find Silverstone an interesting place to visit. Can you do tours?

Love the Asda idea though, that would make it a present for me as well as a present for him :rotfl:

I think you may be able to have a google
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • bubbs
    Options
    There is whipsnade zoo too, good there you can drive through parts as well
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • Picasso7
    Picasso7 Posts: 4,038 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    locarr wrote: »

Wow. Thank you. That is rather amazing...
  • Clipstrip_Bargains
    Options
    Are the tickets valid for both then? I got the impression the computing museum was an extra cost but it seemed a bit confusing on their websites.

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:at your MIL's comment!

No separate tickets and sites, I had to take j=her on a trip to see where she was billetted in the war on the way back as well I'm an:A
    I say "THANKS" to posts that make me smile - Oh and really good glitches.:j
    Good things come to those who wait:A Bad things come on express delivery:(
  • 3Dogs
    3Dogs Posts: 14,092 Forumite
    Options
    shogun_777 wrote: »
    Not sure if already posted but the Paw Patrol gift set no longer compares to T comes back N/A

Thanks shogun, not mentioned yet. List updated
    :( Mr 3Dogs 3-7-12 :( 3Dogs'Mam 31-3-13 :(
  • bubbs
    Options
    Night all :wave:
  • bargainqueen8
    Options
    Ah that's interesting, thanks. He's not massively into motor racing but I think he's interested enough that he'd find Silverstone an interesting place to visit. Can you do tours?

Love the Asda idea though, that would make it a present for me as well as a present for him :rotfl:

Siverstone have some black friday deals.only looked at the f1 but there was other offers as well.:)
  • 3Dogs
    3Dogs Posts: 14,092 Forumite
    Options
    Not updating any fillers lists tonight, as done enough with all those updates to glitch list. Will catch up tomorrow

Need a very early night tonight after that early start this morning, so will say goodnight now, feed the dogs, tidy up and get to bed by 11pm

OK DM?
    :( Mr 3Dogs 3-7-12 :( 3Dogs'Mam 31-3-13 :(
  • Savvybuyer
    Savvybuyer Posts: 22,332 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 22 November 2017 at 11:41PM
    Options
    TrulyMadly wrote: »
    We all know the real truth though......that Morries use Savvy’s lists:rotfl:

Perhaps they do and perhaps we are all following each other around and each taking each other's information:rotfl:. How do we know that Robert Mugabe has in fact resigned? I have not seen him make any speech announcing it himself, but everyone seems to be assuming that he has. As far as I know, the information that said he had resigned came from Reuters (it seems to me they were wrong before when a source was supposed to have told them he was resigning on Sunday!) who reported to the effect that the Speaker had told Zimbabwe's Parliament he had resigned. I was watching on the BBC and, for about a minute, that was just a single, unconfirmed source. However, they then had a BBC correspondent as a second source that gave "confirmation" - however he was also in Parliament and relying on the same Speaker as his source. So, it seems to go down to a single, same origin: how do we know that that is reliable or correct?

It's like articles on Wikipedia, where someone posts a claim on Wikipedia, that is then picked up, and reported as fact, by an online newspaper - that Wikipedia when re-edited later may then end up relying on as it's source. For all I know, it could all be complete untruth, being quoted and spread and each relying on each other.

I has this issue arise for me on a rather mundane and not highly material matter - a Wikipedia article was claiming (probably still is) that the distance between two cities before a bridge was built was such-and-such number of miles. When I went to the source it was referring to, however, it was relying on Wikipedia - probably the self same article. There were, I discovered, further claims of the same mileage on other websites on the internet but none of them gave me any information as to their source or how they were working out the distance they are all claiming. It just seemed to be some sort of assumed or common knowledge, that gave no information as to what the source of that knowledge originally was. Of course, I could check via Google maps and do a couple of journeys that avoided the bridge and see what mileage Google maps is claiming, that seemed to show the mileage the other places were saying is about right but nonetheless none of them seem to be relying on anything other than a source back to themselves and did not independently give me any proof that the distance is what they claimed. Having checked it via Google maps, as best I can, I am satisfied with it but I don't know where the original information came from - the online news site that claims the distance sources back to Wikipedia that uses the online news site as its source. It is otherwise unverified - as I could not rely on the news article quoting a place that used itself as its source, I had to do the verification myself via Google maps.

Maybe some M might use my lists to change its SEL:rotfl:. I have had the Zip Firelighter today that one of my stores had not had the offer price on - until I have seen it now. Except the offer is now off today:rotfl:. This one of my stores had £1, including when it was found showing 75p elsewhere (and then several other places, believed to be 75p as a result), and then my "£1" store had no SEL. Finally, it now has the 75p label on - except that it is now £1 SEL in both other places today for me and has gone to £1:rotfl:. I am in luck now as I now finally have £1 in my more accessible place for the 300ml Alberto Balsams:j. Assuming they are now still £1:rotfl:. Was there an item I had a "throw hands in the air" moment on?:think: Yes I think there was - one of the Oat So Simple Protein products. This is irrelevant of course as just my stores but just shows the difficulties I have:rotfl: (they aren't difficulties really - I just carry the items over in my attempt to discover their real prices) - I have a store that was showing £1 on the first week but then changed to full price SELs on both and has been that way ever since:(.

Fortunately, in the past few weeks, I've had my second store (and another place, I didn't go to today - managed to get an item checked at the till in another place that has the mbuy showing for me, at the moment, only in the store I didn't go to:rotfl:) showing the £1 offer on both of these as well as the £1 on the other Oat So Simples that the first store seems to have only right. Today, the second place has gone full price on one of the OSO Proteins:mad:. If you are going to change to full price, why not change both of them instead of doing half a job and just putting one of them full price? Why do that? Unless it is the case that only one of them is still on offer and the other one no longer is, in which case that's a ridiculous set of pricing to have in my view:rotfl:. (It could be that the offer label just dropped off or was removed by some customer - so it's not necessarily M staff only changing one out of two - and doing so when it seems no change is necessary as my third store has both showing £1. As a result, I think they are still each £1, but just shows how some things go. We shall see what online says:rotfl:.)

In the meantime, M might use my list to set the prices for it to use that I will use when I take the prices from M that M is taking from me - we might just take the information from each other:rotfl:!
  • Picasso7
    Picasso7 Posts: 4,038 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    once you have the hub, you don't necessarily have to be with BG!

How do I set up my Hive Hub?

To get started, follow the steps below:

1. Connect the Ethernet cable to one of the open ports on the back of your broadband router, then connect the power supply into a plug socket.
    2. You'll see a solid green light on the Hub which will then start to flash. The flashing green start up sequence can take anything between 10-30 minutes, so please do not disconnect the Hub during this time.
    3. Once the Hub has a solid green light at the top, with a flashing yellow light below, it is ready to pair with other devices.
    4. Log in to the app or website and enter the Hub ID (this is found on the underside of the Hub).
    5. Click “Go” and your Hub will begin to search for devices.

Follow the on-screen instructions to add your devices.
    I could be wrong, but I didn't think you had to be with BG for Hive to work, it's not like a smart meter.

ETA - what locarr said :)

Thank you, all. I did this in a mad rush as I know a friend has Hive. Am now rather gobsmacked by this freebie!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure