Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 13,384Posts
    • 36,685Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    MoneySavingExpert insert:

We've received reports that some posts on here possibly advocate fraud.

Please remember MoneySavingExpert is about saving money legally. If you're at all unsure please don't post.

Back to the original post...

-----

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 19-02-2018 at 11:48 AM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 1484
    • HILLBERN
    • By HILLBERN 10th Apr 18, 8:09 PM
    • 2,493 Posts
    • 29,350 Thanks
    HILLBERN
    Wish me luck - I'm to darts got 3 finals to play in, committee cup, doubles and knockout cup.............hope my shoulder holds out its not been great all day but I've taken extra painkillers and have some chocolate!!
    Originally posted by sarahskint

good luck..im sure the chocolate will work wonders
    • lesliejack
    • By lesliejack 10th Apr 18, 8:29 PM
    • 1,479 Posts
    • 10,677 Thanks
    lesliejack
    I was born before the charts began!! x
    essex girl in exile
    • tweets
    • By tweets 10th Apr 18, 8:33 PM
    • 28,984 Posts
    • 422,448 Thanks
    tweets
    davemorton you got pm
    Lost 3st-4lb
    • Wheres My Cashback
    • By Wheres My Cashback 10th Apr 18, 8:36 PM
    • 2,973 Posts
    • 37,144 Thanks
    Wheres My Cashback
    AP users.
    I cant seem to remove the vouchers I have used any more, any advice please?
    Originally posted by davemorton

Press Remove...and they go
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 10th Apr 18, 8:51 PM
    • 26,070 Posts
    • 317,184 Thanks
    davemorton
    davemorton you got pm
    Originally posted by tweets
    Cheers tweets, read and understood.

Press Remove...and they go
    Originally posted by Wheres My Cashback
    lol, not on mine they dont (well they used to, but dont now)
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
    • matty17r
    • By matty17r 10th Apr 18, 9:02 PM
    • 1,159 Posts
    • 8,338 Thanks
    matty17r
    Afternoon all, weather is awful. Hope everyone is ok

Re Nationwide

Does anyone know if the regular saver carries on after your bank account stops getting the 5% or do they both finish at same time please ? Tia xxx
    Originally posted by cjj
    yes you will continue to get the 5pc until the regular saver expires.
    • matty17r
    • By matty17r 10th Apr 18, 9:06 PM
    • 1,159 Posts
    • 8,338 Thanks
    matty17r
    My regular saver carried on and I was eligble for a new one when the year was up.
    Originally posted by pippo
    You have to pay in at least 750 for 3 months previously to open up a new regular saver. I got caught out here!

Tesco bakery hot cross buns 4 were reduced from 32p to 16p in my store. No yellow stickers just a SEL label. Went through at 32p! So free hot cross buns but of course I had to ask for the DTD. Might be worth checking your store.
    • pandoraskids
    • By pandoraskids 10th Apr 18, 9:16 PM
    • 180 Posts
    • 1,621 Thanks
    pandoraskids
    Casillero del Diablo - I know it's not the best return on an apg but as a red wine lover -hey, just tried a glass and it's not bad! Think I'll go for a couple of shops of this tomorrow
    RIP Little Sister 30/11/17 x
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 10th Apr 18, 9:16 PM
    • 27,654 Posts
    • 381,923 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    Good afternoon Seren,

Thanks for getting in touch with us about our Robinsons Squashes.

We're sorry to hear that you're unable to drink the squashes that contain artificial sweeteners but we do have a range called Fruit Cordials that contain a mix of sugar and a sweetener derived from a natural source (the Stevia Plant).

There are three flavours in our Fruit Cordials range, we hope you try them and find a favourite within the range.

Thanks again for getting in touch.
    Originally posted by Serendipitious
    That's good to know Seren, I didn't know Robinsons did cordials now.

The coca cola life, the one in the green bottles had Stevia I think, not sure if it's still around don't remember seeing it in the supermarkets lately.

I would still rather have good old sugar if I'm honest, according to the many comments on Ribena FB page, among the complaints, people are recommending Rocks Organic and some are saying Waitrose still does high juice without sugar but I don't know how accurate that info is as I'm sure DD1 said she couldn't find any in her local, not checked myself.
    Birds flying high, You know how I feel, Sun in the sky, You know how I feel,
    Reeds driftin' on by, You know how I feel

It's a new dawn, It's a new day, It's a new life, For me, And I'm feeling good...
    • pandoraskids
    • By pandoraskids 10th Apr 18, 9:20 PM
    • 180 Posts
    • 1,621 Thanks
    pandoraskids
    9 items (7 different) on your receipt qualify for comparison Asda Tesco
    1x ASDA Smart Price Toilet Roll (6pk) 1.00 N/A
    1x ASDA Smart Price Batter Mix (128g) 0.15 N/A
    0.16x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Banana (order by number of bananas or select kg) (per kg) 0.12 0.12
    1x ASDA Smart Price Crunchy Peanut Butter (340g) 0.65 0.70
    1x ASDA Smart Price Pasta Shapes (500g) 0.32 0.30
    1x ASDA Smart Price Meatballs in Tomato Sauce (380g) 0.48 N/A
    1x ASDA Semi Skimmed Milk (4pt) 1.09 1.09
    1x Asda Soft White Toastie Thick Sliced (800g) 0.55 0.55
    1x ASDA Spreadable with Real Butter Light (500g) 2.10 1.05
    3x Freixenet Prosecco D.O.C. (75cl) 35.94 27.00
    Comparison total (compared products only) 40.77 30.81
    RIP Little Sister 30/11/17 x
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 10th Apr 18, 9:24 PM
    • 20,140 Posts
    • 263,585 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    I am probably too late as usual, certainly too late to see any stock on the shelf of my store tonight:

Birds Eye Breaded Nuggets 22 pack - possibly 45p in Sains. if the 'normal' price label on the shelf of my store is correct.

It seems they are showing 3 online on sains.co.uk, where I notice picture of packaging saying "New recipe". I might want the old recipe. This does not say RTC at all on the SEL in my store. If the price it shows is correct, and despite this seeming not to be RTC, you will pay more if you buy this item from Mr T as it does not take instore prices but will probably match 3 online. Enough of that bugbear again - onto the other things:

Everything that I have concerned myself with in S has been a different price today to what is showing online. Some Starburst large pouches - showing 1.25 online but, today, they are scanning at 1. I suspect they may be going up to 1.25 tomorrow as one of my Ss has 1.25 on each of them on the SEL and the other I tried has a missing SEL for one of them - not usual for me to see that SELs are missing in S but today have have more than one. One item I suspected might be on cheap reduction because it's no longer online and there was no SEL on the shelf, initially came up with "Item not found" when scanning at the SS but then came up with a full price - seems they have taken the opportunity to increase the price by 30p from the standard price it has been at for a long time until now.

I have KTC Rapeseed Oil 1L with a SEL of 50p - marked "whilst stocks last", no stock today but I was told it may come back in. Apparently not KTC Extended Life Rapeseed Oil 1L as that scans at full price in the other store. I tried KTC Sunflower Oil 1L at the till (didn't say "Extended Life" on the bottle but how I am to know?) - it was absent from the store with the SEL for Rapeseed Oil on RTC and therefore I thought maybe that's also on RTC and is absent because it has already cleared - tried the other store but I'm told it is 1.25 although I still have my doubts about whether it really is. The SS had closed unfortunately.

The other store also had KTC Plum Tomatoes tin (400g) saying 20p RTC - once again no stock. I found some KTC Chopped Tomatoes tins (400g) on the top shelf in another part of the store with no SEL on them and took them to be checked and I'm told they are 40p. Again this is a different price to online, which I notice says 30p.

Perhaps I will find stock of the Rapeseed Oil at 50p later at the place that has the SEL and the 22 nuggets in stock at 45p at the place with the SEL for those, but neither will come into the stores that currently don't have the SELs for them. I did find my one pack of Birds Eye 42 Dippers in the M where I first had the SEL, after many weeks of no stock.
    Last edited by Savvybuyer; 10-04-2018 at 9:31 PM.
    M lists - page 18 (on 40 posts per page setting) - Avs M: post 705-708 inclusive; Tvs M and "Buy in M": post 708 onwards.

3Dogs' lists - page 6, posts 210-214.
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 10th Apr 18, 9:39 PM
    • 27,654 Posts
    • 381,923 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    Not sure if National but the NE coven aka TM, Elaine and Pippo? I think might have a chance...

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/slumberdown-big-hugs-summer-cool-45-tog-king-duvet-425-tesco-instore-2924008

It's a new dawn, It's a new day, It's a new life, For me, And I'm feeling good...
    • Leslieo1
    • By Leslieo1 10th Apr 18, 9:41 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 42 Thanks
    Leslieo1
    Good evening, I tried the felinex today & it worked against Tesco!!!8217;s, I can!!!8217;t ypload my receipt or post it as s oicture. Hope this helps x
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 10th Apr 18, 9:44 PM
    • 27,654 Posts
    • 381,923 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    Not seen it mentioned but O2 priority has free cinema tickets to see Mary and the Witches flower.

It's limited Odeon cinemas...

Not read small print as to whether it includes free water and popcorn like the last O2 offer.

• davemorton
    • By davemorton 10th Apr 18, 9:45 PM
    • 26,070 Posts
    • 317,184 Thanks
    davemorton
    Not sure if National but the NE coven aka TM, Elaine and Pippo? I think might have a chance...

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/slumberdown-big-hugs-summer-cool-45-tog-king-duvet-425-tesco-instore-2924008
    Originally posted by Tinyshoes
    I saw that on Hukd, but again, too late. I was at that teskies this afternoon for an eye test, and wondered if there was anything worth getting, and always good for guests.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
    • fuzzgun19
    • By fuzzgun19 10th Apr 18, 9:50 PM
    • 7,080 Posts
    • 58,592 Thanks
    fuzzgun19
    Yes, wifi is working, just tested it by opening a new website. No dots on the right of mine, I have always in the past used the way below.

Tried, as that is how I usually do it, but it is saying it is unable to do it. 2 days now, its going to get rather annoying and confusing

And where the bladdy hell do you think you've been all this time without a passout??!! People have been concerned
    My remove used to be below too, until after they changed to GP and all of a sudden it had moved to top right.

If they wont remove, the only thing I can think of is to screenshot all your vouchers then you can just delete as you go.
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 10th Apr 18, 9:51 PM
    • 27,654 Posts
    • 381,923 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    I saw that on Hukd, but again, too late. I was at that teskies this afternoon for an eye test, and wondered if there was anything worth getting, and always good for guests.
    Should have gone to Specsavers

• Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 10th Apr 18, 9:52 PM
    • 27,654 Posts
    • 381,923 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    Have just made myself feel sick

Opened a box of Turkish delight that Mr TS bought me for xmas and have eaten about 8 pieces without stopping.

And when did they stop doing the little wooden forks in the boxes to stop you getting the icing sugar all over your fingers?

• izzy65
    • By izzy65 10th Apr 18, 9:59 PM
    • 2,609 Posts
    • 42,866 Thanks
    izzy65
    That's good to know Seren, I didn't know Robinsons did cordials now.

The coca cola life, the one in the green bottles had Stevia I think, not sure if it's still around don't remember seeing it in the supermarkets lately.

I would still rather have good old sugar if I'm honest, according to the many comments on Ribena FB page, among the complaints, people are recommending Rocks Organic and some are saying Waitrose still does high juice without sugar but I don't know how accurate that info is as I'm sure DD1 said she couldn't find any in her local, not checked myself.
    Originally posted by Tinyshoes
    I got Ribena , the proper sugar stuff, but am aware of the change, I usually buy the farmfoods Pepsi offer, 3 x 24 for 17, I get a mix of full fat and diet, today the full fat was not in the offer and 8.49 for the 24 , will need to keep a look out for decent offers
    The person who never makes a mistake never learns anything.
    • michaels
    • By michaels 10th Apr 18, 9:59 PM
    • 20,624 Posts
    • 95,356 Thanks
    michaels
    Spent 30 min in m&s testing and deleting vouchers that dw had used but not removed. 3 was taken then rejected at the end cos of ys, I had already deleted voucher so had to quickly choose something full price or lose it.
    Cool heads and compromise
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,991Posts Today

8,527Users online

Martin's Twitter