Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 13,444Posts
    • 36,750Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    MoneySavingExpert insert:

We've received reports that some posts on here possibly advocate fraud.

Please remember MoneySavingExpert is about saving money legally. If you're at all unsure please don't post.

Back to the original post...

-----

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 19-02-2018 at 11:48 AM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 1239
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 11th Mar 18, 8:08 PM
    • 51,760 Posts
    • 620,468 Thanks
    bubbs
    Wasn't dancing on ice fab bubbs

Worthy winners don't spoil it for them who have recorded it
    Originally posted by tweets
    Yes it was good, very well done them
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 350 for 2015, 2016 400 Actual345, 400 for 2017 Actual 500
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    :5 st 4 1/2 lb
    • diluvsdiscounts
    • By diluvsdiscounts 11th Mar 18, 8:28 PM
    • 3,644 Posts
    • 37,640 Thanks
    diluvsdiscounts
    Micellar water back in stock.
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything, they make the best of e verything they have Weight lost so far 2 stone 11.5lb
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 11th Mar 18, 8:37 PM
    • 51,760 Posts
    • 620,468 Thanks
    bubbs
    Hi Di
    How are you?
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 350 for 2015, 2016 400 Actual345, 400 for 2017 Actual 500
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 11th Mar 18, 8:38 PM
    • 26,267 Posts
    • 318,838 Thanks
    davemorton
    Originally posted by diluvsdiscounts
    Is 3.98 for 3 right?? Seems pricey.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 11th Mar 18, 8:38 PM
    • 34,581 Posts
    • 481,438 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    I don't drink it..... but I am buying it for the celebrations when DS1 comes home.

Originally posted by Sunshinemummy
    I was impressed with the Frixxy SSM. Its the first Prosecco in a long while which hasnt made me sneeze. And it tasted good too. Very smoothThe empties look very sad in the recycling bin today. They are far too pretty

On the subject of booze.....the Adnams beer has gone down far too well. I am being asked to put another order in

To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 11th Mar 18, 8:39 PM
    • 34,581 Posts
    • 481,438 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Is 3.98 for 3 right?? Seems pricey.
    Originally posted by davemorton
    1.02 for 3

Both promotions kick in on the 125ml size
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • diluvsdiscounts
    • By diluvsdiscounts 11th Mar 18, 8:42 PM
    • 3,644 Posts
    • 37,640 Thanks
    diluvsdiscounts
    Hi Di
    How are you?
    Originally posted by bubbs
    Not great today to be honest. A couple of things people have said have really upset me which isn't like me at all and earlier on I crouched down in front of the fridge I'd done it before I even realised and ended up in a right pickle. Dh had to help me up but I've really hurt myself so I've come to bed.
    Dh is gojng back to work tomorrow, for his sanity haha, and I'm not looking forward to being on my own. People have offered to come but its not the same I just cannot do a thing, my neighbour came to see me this morning and she said I don't know what ever possessed you to have it done, I know she wasn't being nasty when she said it but its really upset me. Had I known I was going going to be like this and it not have worked either I wouldn't have had it done obviously.....rant over I'll shut up now, thanks for asking x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything, they make the best of e verything they have Weight lost so far 2 stone 11.5lb
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 11th Mar 18, 8:46 PM
    • 34,581 Posts
    • 481,438 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Cushelle toilet roll

Try me free

One claim per household up to the value of 7.75
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • SweetnSavvy
    • By SweetnSavvy 11th Mar 18, 8:50 PM
    • 586 Posts
    • 7,549 Thanks
    SweetnSavvy
    I was impressed with the Frixxy SSM. Its the first Prosecco in a long while which hasnt made me sneeze. And it tasted good too. Very smoothThe empties look very sad in the recycling bin today. They are far too pretty

On the subject of booze.....the Adnams beer has gone down far too well. I am being asked to put another order in

Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    I'm making mine into lamp shades

Or what about a vase? They even sell on fleabay.

SnS
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 11th Mar 18, 8:50 PM
    • 19,336 Posts
    • 208,662 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    Not great today to be honest. A couple of things people have said have really upset me which isn't like me at all and earlier on I crouched down in front of the fridge I'd done it before I even realised and ended up in a right pickle. Dh had to help me up but I've really hurt myself so I've come to bed.
    Dh is gojng back to work tomorrow, for his sanity haha, and I'm not looking forward to being on my own. People have offered to come but its not the same I just cannot do a thing, my neighbour came to see me this morning and she said I don't know what ever possessed you to have it done, I know she wasn't being nasty when she said it but its really upset me. Had I known I was going going to be like this and it not have worked either I wouldn't have had it done obviously.....rant over I'll shut up now, thanks for asking x
    Oh Di, you are bound to be down after what you've been through, give it time, and don't imagine any of this is you xx
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 11th Mar 18, 8:51 PM
    • 34,581 Posts
    • 481,438 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Some people are so insensitive

The thing is Di, that you made the right decision at the time with all the facts at your disposal. It was the right thing to do and you obviously gave it a great deal of thought.

You always say that things happen for a reason. I dont know what the reason is but I trust your sentiments.

Perhaps your neighbour should walk in your shoes for a day or two
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 11th Mar 18, 8:54 PM
    • 51,760 Posts
    • 620,468 Thanks
    bubbs
    Awwww sorry you are feeling like this, you have been through such alot, not just the last 3 weeks but last couple of years, Give it time and take care xx
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 11th Mar 18, 8:54 PM
    • 34,581 Posts
    • 481,438 Thanks
    TrulyMadly

SnS
    Originally posted by SweetnSavvy
    I thought about lampshades too

I wanted to pop out today to get some more but ran out of time and energy
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • diluvsdiscounts
    • By diluvsdiscounts 11th Mar 18, 8:57 PM
    • 3,644 Posts
    • 37,640 Thanks
    diluvsdiscounts
    Oh Di, you are bound to be down after what you've been through, give it time, and don't imagine any of this is you xx
    Originally posted by Enterprise 1701C
    Thank you I'm never like this I think its just taken its toll maybe my final anaesthetic is wearing off
    Some people are so insensitive

The thing is Di, that you made the right decision at the time with all the facts at your disposal. It was the right thing to do and you obviously gave it a great deal of thought.

You always say that things happen for a reason. I dont know what the reason is but I trust your sentiments.

Perhaps your neighbour should walk in your shoes for a day or two
    Thanks TM I know she wasn't being malicious she really isn't that kind of person it just struck a nerve. I also know that I'm usually very thick skinned and I don't get upset easily and then to add insult to injury they go and have a bloody wine glitch without me I wish you could have seen dh face when he walked in my hospital room and saw all the wine, gosh I've put him through it these last coiple of weeks, he is a saint
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 11th Mar 18, 8:59 PM
    • 34,581 Posts
    • 481,438 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Do you get notified Di or were you just lucky and spotted it.

Unsure if you can get an email notification .........
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • diluvsdiscounts
    • By diluvsdiscounts 11th Mar 18, 9:04 PM
    • 3,644 Posts
    • 37,640 Thanks
    diluvsdiscounts
    Awwww sorry you are feeling like this, you have been through such alot, not just the last 3 weeks but last couple of years, Give it time and take care xx
    Originally posted by bubbs
    Thanks bubbs I've also got far too much time on my hands to dwell on these things.
    TM I don't know what the reason is yet either but one thing it has taught me is how hard the staff in the NHS work they honestly go well above and beyond their call of duty. I'm back there on Tuesday so I'm going armed with lots of thank you gifts.
    It has also made me want to give something back, I don't know what it will be yet and I can no longer donate blood or bone marrow but dh is going to do that on my behalf, as I said he is a saint. I definitely want to do something though, it was just two years since I did the charity breakfast, I will wait for a sign for my calling. In case anyone wonders no I haven't been drinking I think I'm just slightly emotional, probably time to go to sleep
    • juju17
    • By juju17 11th Mar 18, 9:06 PM
    • 997 Posts
    • 13,665 Thanks
    juju17
    Cushelle toilet roll

Try me free

One claim per household up to the value of 7.75
    Where is the info please?, is it on packs? I cant find anything on google...thanks
    Keep Moving 2018 challenge.
    January....
    Week 1-4 total 159.44 miles
    Week 5.... 41.66 miles
    Not moving anywhere! House renovations taken over life!!
    • diluvsdiscounts
    • By diluvsdiscounts 11th Mar 18, 9:06 PM
    • 3,644 Posts
    • 37,640 Thanks
    diluvsdiscounts
    Do you get notified Di or were you just lucky and spotted it.

Unsure if you can get an email notification .........
    I'd had a look earlier when you mentioned it and I'd left the window open, I refreshed and it was in stock. I ordered some for dd using my points it will probably become one of the standard present fillers along with John Frieda shampoo and conditioner, a razor etc
    • juju17
    • By juju17 11th Mar 18, 9:08 PM
    • 997 Posts
    • 13,665 Thanks
    juju17

SnS
    Originally posted by SweetnSavvy
    https://www.freixenet.co.uk/Blog/September-2017/How-To-Reuse-Your-Freixenet-Prosecco-Bottle#.WqWammhl_rc
    Keep Moving 2018 challenge.
    January....
    Week 1-4 total 159.44 miles
    Week 5.... 41.66 miles
    Not moving anywhere! House renovations taken over life!!
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 11th Mar 18, 9:15 PM
    • 17,149 Posts
    • 209,278 Thanks
    mhoc
    In case anyone has missed it Mountain Warehouse has a flash sale today with free delivery - vouchercodes have a 15% off code - some nice stuff - get ready for the next cold snap

Might be some good gifts in the clearance section.

Annoyingly they dont take American Express for online orde s anyway
    Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

52Posts Today

3,033Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin