Wuntu: Have you used it?

MSE_Kelvin
MSE_Kelvin Posts: 340 MSE Staff
First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
edited 20 November 2017 at 5:07PM in Shop but don't drop
Morning Forumites,

Happy Friday and all that.

MSE Kelvin here. I'm doing some research on Wuntu, the rewards app for people on the Three mobile network.

Have you used Wuntu? If so, what freebies and offers have you taken advantage of? How much money have you been able to save? And what do you think of it compared to any similar schemes you may have used, such as O2 Priority?

I'd really appreciate any feedback you can give me, and if we quote you in an article, we will of course give you a shout out :wave:

Thanks in advance for your time and help,

Kelvin :)

PS: As there's no existing Wuntu thread as far as I can see, feel free to post new freebies, deals and offers that appear on the app here.

EDIT: If you're new to Wuntu, I've done a blog post on what it is, what you can get and how to get it: Three customer? You can get FREE cinema tickets, coffee, pizza and more via this free app

Comments

• qsk
    qsk Posts: 424 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Used Wuntu for the first time two days ago to get a free pizza. Good experience. Everything went smoothly.

O2 Priority is on its death bed now. Have removed from my phone.
  • MSE_Kelvin
    MSE_Kelvin Posts: 340 MSE Staff
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
    Thanks for the feedback, qsk, on both Wuntu and O2 Priority.

Are new offers and deals far more sparse on O2 Priority now, or has the quality/value of them declined?
  • I have been using Wuntu pretty much from its launch. I have had lots of sweet boxes from Hard Candy, some face packs (for the wife honest), quite a few chocolates from Hotel Chocolat, some film rentals on Rakuten, some free coffees and quite a few cinema tickets (going again tomorrow). I also won a competition for £500 of Elemis products.

I have not made full use of it as there have been quite a few freebies I didn't bother with, like the pizzas, but I have to say it has worked out well for me. You do have to be quick though as the restricted offers do go quickly but others, like the cinema tickets, tend to be unlimited.

Never used O2 priority so can't compare.
  • qsk
    qsk Posts: 424 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    MSE_Kelvin wrote: »
    Thanks for the feedback, qsk, on both Wuntu and O2 Priority.

Are new offers and deals far more sparse on O2 Priority now, or has the quality/value of them declined?
    No longer any offers of interest per se. Might be just me.
  • Forgetful
    Forgetful Posts: 1,729 Forumite
    My whole family has WUNTU... but for some reason it just doesnt work when u need it. Went for the Las Iguanas free meal the other day with 2 others and my just kept saying error and wouldnt give me the code to redeem... then on partners phone went to get code for Dominos and it kept saying it has already been used.. and not the first time ..happened at Pizza Hut b4.. when we clearly had not used it..

otherwise the offers are brill.... but then O2 was at the begining and it just went downhill...
  • I joined the Three network a month ago and downloaded the rewards app as soon as I could. Since then, I've redeemed two free cinema tickets for Cineworld, free meals at Bella Italia, Las Iguanas, Cafe Rouge and Pizza Hut, free personal pizza from Dominos, and two free coffees from Costa. The limited offers seem to be difficult to catch before they run out, I usually check the app about 9.30am on the Wednesday when it refreshes for the week and they are all usually gone. It has a handy feature that gives you a hint for the offers for the week following which gives you something to look forward to too. All in all I think this is a brilliant rewards app, never have I received so much free stuff for taking out a £9/month contract! Week to week I believe I save at least £15-£20 if I were to purchase the offers without the app. To be honest in the past two weeks I have practically forced my brother to download the app himself (he's been with Three for a year now but had never heard of Wuntu) and have also been asking everyone at work which network they are on to make sure they aren't missing out on the freebies :)
    I haven't yet used any of the money off deals (they tend to be 10% off holidays, or a free graze box then 10% off further boxes in the subscription) but always enter the competitions.
  • I've used Wuntu and really pleased with the offers! Received a box of sweets from Hard Candy, coffee and face mask, and although I have had issues with the Dominos code (it wouldn't let me have one of the eligible personal pizzas for free as it only took off the price of a personal margarita) my store let me have it regardless. I can't grumble for a freebie! My work colleagues are jealous that we even have these perks and remind me to check every Wednesday :rotfl:
  • jon81uk
    jon81uk Posts: 3,773 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    I've been getting the free sweets from Handy Candy for probably a year (I got the Easter eggs!) but the other offers going back weren't so great. Recently the volume and quality of offers has improved. I've had the free Dominos pizza twice, free pizza at Bella Italia and free burrito at Las Iguanas.
    With a lot more users recently there has been some issues, the candy offers go in the first few minutes now and Dominos is slightly overwhelmed with everyone waiting to collect their little pizza.
  • wjr4
    wjr4 Posts: 1,126 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    I used the costa coffee code today - first time I've used a code! Hoping to use the Las Iguanas one on Friday!
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and should not be seen as financial advice.
  • jon81uk
    jon81uk Posts: 3,773 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    rjw4 wrote: »
    I used the costa coffee code today - first time I've used a code! Hoping to use the Las Iguanas one on Friday!

The Las Iguanas code is only valid Sunday- Thursday. It says in the app and the full T&Cs are here https://threemicrosites.co.uk/rewardstermsandconditions

The Bella Italia code seems to be valid every day and the Cafe Rouge one excludes Saturday. But Las Iguanas says Sunday-Thursday only.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure