Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • mumof3.12kindebt
    • By mumof3.12kindebt 23rd Oct 17, 9:38 PM
    • 350Posts
    • 940Thanks
    mumof3.12kindebt
    Best put on my big girl pants! my saving for a deposit diary
    • 23rd Oct 17, 9:38 PM
    Best put on my big girl pants! my saving for a deposit diary 23rd Oct 17 at 9:38 PM
    My diary to debt free and saving for a deposit by 35 .*updated feb 2018 - aim to be homeowners by if not hopefully before 30*

we aim to save 25k before even going to the bank for a dip

current age 25 . current financal status . trying but not trying hard enough . in debt with hardly a pot to wee in ... it has to change ... from today

we have consolidated our debts as of November so will just do an update regarding extra payments and a remaining balance every few months.

for the most part this will be my diary on saving for a deposit the highs lows and raising 3 children all currently 8yo or younger while doing it .
    Last edited by mumof3.12kindebt; 25-02-2018 at 10:13 PM.
Page 12
    • mumof3.12kindebt
    • By mumof3.12kindebt 28th Apr 18, 2:38 PM
    • 350 Posts
    • 940 Thanks
    mumof3.12kindebt
    Aim for this coming month (may)
    Save 1165.00
    • mumof3.12kindebt
    • By mumof3.12kindebt 29th Apr 18, 7:30 PM
    • 350 Posts
    • 940 Thanks
    mumof3.12kindebt
    30 spent in Tesco
    40 put in dads card for his birthday this week

I may of bagged a few extra hours at work this week

Lunches packed for school tomorrow

Housework all done apart from the plates that need washing up

Going to get some more studying done tonight.

Hope everyone has had a nice weekend
    • mumof3.12kindebt
    • By mumof3.12kindebt 30th Apr 18, 9:25 AM
    • 350 Posts
    • 940 Thanks
    mumof3.12kindebt
    money shuffle done

Current balance is 4100 hope to add another 900 before the last day of may.

Boys been fed and eldest been taken too school. Going to feed dd and then crack on with the housework before the school run later.

Work early In the morning.
    I've finished the first part of my dementia course. 2 more parts to go.

I need to crack on with finishing the first section of my diploma by the middle of this week and get it sent off.

Then I'll spend the rest of this week trying to get my dementia completed. And all sent off.
    • mumof3.12kindebt
    • By mumof3.12kindebt 30th Apr 18, 1:52 PM
    • 350 Posts
    • 940 Thanks
    mumof3.12kindebt
    I'm 26 years young this year.
    I've achieved quiet abit since my last birthday (July) how fab would it be to end 2018 with no debt and at least half of our deposit saved. (9k)

This is what we are aiming for before we move
    Debt free - currently stands at 7796.11p
    18k depsit
    6k moving costs
    6k emergency fund
    and if we can an extra 5k for house spends (carpets etc)

Thats 35k in savings. Our 4100 isn't looking so good now.
    But in Nov last year we were saddled with around 13k of debt and no savings.

So at least we are in a much better position than we were... No matter how long it takes its about making those steps to get into a better financial situation
    • mumof3.12kindebt
    • By mumof3.12kindebt 30th Apr 18, 6:21 PM
    • 350 Posts
    • 940 Thanks
    mumof3.12kindebt
    one thing Ive began to realise over the last few weeks is that we are only just able to fit everything in the oven for us all especially when cooking for example pizza and chips. We have to use the shelf out of the grill so we have 3 shelves in the oven and this only just allows enough space. We definitely need a bigger cooker when we move especially considering as the kids are getting older they are eating more. Doesn't help that our cooker is a 50cm Slim line so even certain size trays dont fit in. And unless we remodel the kitchen there is no room here for a bigger one.... on the kitchen note my fridge freezer is 9 years old in December. It's the only appliance that has lasted me more than a few years. It's served me well.
    • mumof3.12kindebt
    • By mumof3.12kindebt 1st May 18, 8:40 PM
    • 350 Posts
    • 940 Thanks
    mumof3.12kindebt
    39 spent on food
    • mumof3.12kindebt
    • By mumof3.12kindebt 2nd May 18, 9:54 AM
    • 350 Posts
    • 940 Thanks
    mumof3.12kindebt
    I've managed to sort my internet banking so that all my savings accounts total together and then the house savings total together separately.

So as of today (wages and extra Tax credit payment were paid in this morning)

House total 4800

Emergency 0

Loan 7796.11

Credit card 0

Car deposit 345 (need to add to this)

Xmas and birthdays 0

May bills all transferred accordingly . Rent money will be transferred on the 9th

June bills. - all transfered ready. 1500 ( two hundred is for food for the christening )

I need to phone and pay council tax.. I must set this up as a DD As I always forget and end up paying it a few days late
    • mumof3.12kindebt
    • By mumof3.12kindebt 2nd May 18, 10:10 AM
    • 350 Posts
    • 940 Thanks
    mumof3.12kindebt
    paid council tax well I remembered.

Off to work in a miniute. Managed to bag a few hours overtime
    • mumof3.12kindebt
    • By mumof3.12kindebt 3rd May 18, 4:01 PM
    • 350 Posts
    • 940 Thanks
    mumof3.12kindebt
    by the end of may I'm aiming for 6800 in savings.

We don't need the deposit for the car until July so I May transfer some money over from that account to round it up to 7k. This will be our overall savings total. I need to start adding to our emergancy fund too. And start putting money away so I can pay off my loan completely when I sell my car in July/aug too.
    Loan
    7600 will be left at the end of May
    7400 end of June / .8k total savings
    7200 end of July / 9k total savings
    7000 end of Aug /10k total savings

Sept debt free / 9k in savings
    Oct df / 10k in savings
    Nov df / 11k in savings
    Dec df / 12k in savings

My car is currently valued at around 5000 so will have to take around 2k from the savings to pay off the loan. But it means we will be completely debt free. !

And I would of cleared my loan in 9 months instead of 60 !

And we will have 2/3 of our 18k depsit saved.

So will be left to save
    6k towards deposit ... Jan Feb March April may June 2019
    6k emergency fund ,,, July Aug Sept Oct Nov Dec 2019
    7k moving costs.... Jan Feb March April may June july 2020 !

That's the plan anyway!
    • mumof3.12kindebt
    • By mumof3.12kindebt 4th May 18, 11:27 AM
    • 350 Posts
    • 940 Thanks
    mumof3.12kindebt
    Total in savings 5145 (this is across all savings accounts)

did some more of my diploma last night.

Need to photocopy and send off the first of 3 parts of my dementia today.

I've chased up my prescription . Waiting for a phone call back.

Taking ds2 to nursery shortly.

Then I'll sort out my dementia course when I get back.
    • mumof3.12kindebt
    • By mumof3.12kindebt 4th May 18, 11:39 PM
    • 350 Posts
    • 940 Thanks
    mumof3.12kindebt
    So the upside of today is. It was a NSD

The downside if I should call it that is I have whiplash.
    I'm just glad I was in the city and not on a motorway when it happened else I may of been fighting for my life right now. All because someone didn't indicate a van served round him I was up the vans right side so had to swerve and emergency stop to stop my car going into the side of the van and then emergancy break to stop me going into an oncoming car . No one stopped. I ended up driving and pulling over in a safe place and phoning my partner in tears. My left arm feels like its been crushed in a door I have an horrendous headache although I sustained no head injury and my neck is agony and I'm unable to turn my head properly and when I do turn my head slightly I get pain in the. Centre of my neck.

I'm just thankful to the lord that I haven't sustained any other injury and that I am alive and mostly well.
    • mumof3.12kindebt
    • By mumof3.12kindebt 5th May 18, 12:26 PM
    • 350 Posts
    • 940 Thanks
    mumof3.12kindebt
    11 months on from realising how much debt I was in
    June 2017
    Debt 14,898.00
    Savings 0

May 2018
    Debt 7796.11 (payment goes out on the tenth which will drop it too 7600)
    Savings 5150

Tonight me and the partner are having a date night at Home. 3 courses of homemade nandos.
    Red pepper dip and pitta bread to start
    Chicken and spicy rice with a side of spicy chips for main course.
    And salted caramel pudding pots for desert.

The water slide has been set up for the kids as its a lovely day.

I've posted part a of my dementia course.

Need to finish my work I've been set for my diploma by tomorrow . And send it off.
    I have until the 20th to complete part b of my dementia so will then crack on with that.

Kitchen is clean and tidy same for the lounge. Just have some laundry to put away.

Going to grab my laptop and see if I can get my studies done while dd Naps and kids play in the garden.

If there is one thing I'm greatful for its the fact that even though we live In a flat we have our own garden which we just have to allow access to the lady upstairs to get to her gas metre.
    • mumof3.12kindebt
    • By mumof3.12kindebt 5th May 18, 2:14 PM
    • 350 Posts
    • 940 Thanks
    mumof3.12kindebt
    36 spent on a gazebo. We have no shade in the garden hopefully now they will be able to play out on sunny days abit longer now they will have an area with some shade. Should be delivered tonight.
    • mumof3.12kindebt
    • By mumof3.12kindebt 5th May 18, 3:36 PM
    • 350 Posts
    • 940 Thanks
    mumof3.12kindebt
    7 spent on chicken pop and jam

The chicken and pop is for tonight's meal
    • mumof3.12kindebt
    • By mumof3.12kindebt 5th May 18, 3:41 PM
    • 350 Posts
    • 940 Thanks
    mumof3.12kindebt
    Oh. I just wanted to add this for future reference. My dad has recently had his bathroom done for a total cost of 1300 and it looks fab!
    • mumof3.12kindebt
    • By mumof3.12kindebt 5th May 18, 4:40 PM
    • 350 Posts
    • 940 Thanks
    mumof3.12kindebt
    ive money shuffled again (sorry)

so ive paid 1600 off my loan ... once all payments have cleared and the dd has gone out it will leave 6k left on the loan

1000 in emergancy fund

145 in car deposit account

2400 in house account

i want to add another 2064 this month split across as follows

6k left on the loan - im going to leave this alone now for this month - 0

1000 in emergancy fund - 200

145 in car deposit account - 255

2400 in house account - 1600
    • gallygirl
    • By gallygirl 5th May 18, 11:16 PM
    • 16,589 Posts
    • 109,553 Thanks
    gallygirl
    What a nasty fright, hope you feel a bit better in the morning x
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    Mortgage Balance = 0
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
    • mumof3.12kindebt
    • By mumof3.12kindebt 6th May 18, 1:34 PM
    • 350 Posts
    • 940 Thanks
    mumof3.12kindebt
    hi gallygirl thanks for stopping by. I'm still quite sore. But life carries on just taking things slow ATM

I messed up yesterday brought the gazebo side panels and not a gazebo. Gazebo got delivered this morning and now the kids have plenty of shade they have been in the pool 2 hours already and are having a whale of a time

Money well spent .

This afternoon will be a film and hot dogs I think to finish the day off nicely
    • mumof3.12kindebt
    • By mumof3.12kindebt 10th May 18, 9:41 AM
    • 350 Posts
    • 940 Thanks
    mumof3.12kindebt
    been a busy few days.
    Work. House work. Kids. Exercising . Eating better and aiming to consume 2 litres of water a day!

My legs are killing. I want to work more on my abs / torso and back the next few days.

I'm not aiming to loose weight. The aim is to continue to steadily gain weight and tone up at the same time. My medication causes weight gain so the weight gain part isn't so hard if I eat well. It's the keeping fit and toning up . I'm also going to start walking more. And increase the amount a little each week. I'm trying to keep my body in the best condition. After years of mental and physical neglect I'm finally looking after myself
    • mumof3.12kindebt
    • By mumof3.12kindebt 10th May 18, 9:47 AM
    • 350 Posts
    • 940 Thanks
    mumof3.12kindebt
    Before I take ds2 to nursery at midday I need to finish my work for my diploma my tutor set me. And get half of part B of my dementia done. Then I'm going to try and fit in 10 mins of yoga and 20 Mins of palates (hope I've spelt that right) I'm doing it at home with my new exercise mat and YouTube / google to learn the different moves etc and then I'm going to create a routine that suits me over the next few weeks .
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

164Posts Today

1,557Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin