Options

Comments

• mumof3.12kindebt
    mumof3.12kindebt Posts: 1,474 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
    edited 22 February 2018 at 8:29PM
    Options
    so whats been happening,
    i went for a job interview with the nhs - i haven't yet heard back , they said i will hear this week. i haven't yet. and i don't think ill be offered the job but going for the interview was a good experience.
    middle child has been ill with a sickness bug- the fun ! (note complete sarcasm) so ive had tons of washing to do.
    today i went for an interview as a volunteer for a cancer charity. and ive accepted a position as an emotional support volunteer.
    ive started gaining weight. so im able to give blood later in the year. (i need to gain almost a stone) so far ive gained 1kg in just under 2 weeks.
    ive completed all my online courses for work. so my manager added 6 more. i have done 4 so have 2 left to do.

we have managed to save 4k so far since we started our savings journey . its been hard but its worth it too see our savings account rise ...
    the development in the village will have part buy . we are going to enquire but i don't think we will go for one. it would have to be perfect for me to go ahead with it
    Ive worked towards getting things crossed off my 52 things list.

The 52 things I aim to achieve / do are :

1. Start nvq
    2. Finish nvq
    3. Start degree - health sciences
    4. Volunteer for Macmillan - interview done, position accepted , start my training in the next few weeks
    [STRIKE]5. get teeth sorted [/STRIKE]
    6. Volunteer for acorns children's hospice
    7. Give blood - BOOKED FOR MAY
    8. Gain a stone in weight 2/3 lb so far
    9. Attend church at least 6 times
    10. Do 30 online courses with openlearn / done 6
    11. Save 50% towards a house deposit (13k) 4k so far
    12. Give 52 items to the food bank
    13. Current debt 10,020 by Feb 2019 6000
    14. Earn 2000 is overtime / 300 so far
    15. The one month water challenge
    16. Go to the beach
    17. Stand at the edge of a cliff and scream hello
    18. Go swimming
    19. Dance In the rain
    20. Jump in puddles
    21. Frame one each of the kids pictures
    22. Do a picture which all of us have taken part in and frame
    23. Bake 100 cupcakes
    24. Quit smoking
    25. Go for a walk in a wood
    26. middle child potty trained
    27. See middle child off on his first day at school
    28. Go to eldests class assembly
    29. Go to eldests sports day
    30. Write up about being a mum to a disabled child
    31. Kids christening - BOOKED
    32. Write up about suffering with mental health illness
    33. Do something to help the homeless
    34. save. £1k towards internship overseas
    35. Visit London
    36. Attend all parents evenings - eldests DONE
    37. Finish the hall - STARTED
    38. Finish the boys room
    39. Finish the living room
    40. Finish the kitchen
    41. Finish the bathroom
    42. No alcohol all year
    43. Go to Butlins or camping
    44. Go to a pantomime
    45. Go skiing
    46. Go ice skating
    47. Teach eldest to roller skate
    48. Teach middle child to scoot a scooter
    49. Snorkel with sharks
    50. Feed sharks
    51. Water zorbing
    52. Fly over London in a helicopter with eldest

as you can see some are simple, some are harder. i started it this month . and aim to complete it by january next year
    June 17 £16,000 debt ~ nov 18 DEBT FREE •June 21 £16,308 debt / july 22 debt free •Original mortgage free date 01/06/2059 current mortgage free date 01/05/2046
  • debtaghh
    debtaghh Posts: 1,794 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Well done, you seem very motivated and it's a very encouraging post so thank you.
  • mumof3.12kindebt
    Options
    Oh I also need to fit in a doctors appointment this week to sort out my medication and seeing if I can get them put on repeat prescription.

I cant edit my post as I'm on my phone but will delete this one and edit my post above as soon. As I can get on my laptop.
    June 17 £16,000 debt ~ nov 18 DEBT FREE •June 21 £16,308 debt / july 22 debt free •Original mortgage free date 01/06/2059 current mortgage free date 01/05/2046
  • mumof3.12kindebt
    Options
    Plan for this week.
    Saturday -
    [STRIKE]Declutter - fill at least one bin bag. [/STRIKE]
    Sort junk drawers
    [STRIKE]Have a shower and bath two littlies[/STRIKE]
    Do a skip run - skip shuts at noon
    [STRIKE]14.00 go to work[/STRIKE]
    Sunday
    [STRIKE]Church with eldest[/STRIKE]
    Go for a family walk maybe to the park
    Fill another bin bag with stuff that can leave the house.
    Relax -sort and respond to emails
    Shower / bed

We also donated some food to the food bank today 26 items so that's more progress towards my 52 things list.

Off to the park in abit. It's cold. So we will be wrapped up and I'll be keeping my fingers crossed I can still feel my toes and fingers by the time we return home.

I'll also try and get more crossed off my list tonight.

Savings still on track.
    I need to buy a costume for world book day for eldest as we have nothing here. And I dont Have anything to make something :mad:

I hope to fit in some time to bake this week.
  • mumof3.12kindebt
    Options
    we went for a walk down to the park.
    ive sorted my emails out so thats another job crossed off.

my ahstma is really playing me up tonight. i hope it settles.
    i planned to do the kitchen drawers tonight . i will see how i feel in a little while.

i picked up some cake mixes . i would normally bake from scratch but these will enable me to whip up a cake a little quicker. ill add them to my list for later in the week

i have 2 hours of online training for work to do this week. and 3 hours for my charity volunteering so ive added that to my ever growing list

ill do a skip run tomorrow on the way to work i think

done a food shop online tonight . its within my budget, but i hope to get the foos budget even lower over the coming months.

I've been window shopping online. found some beautiful things. but i wont buy them while we live here as its just more to move when we eventually do move. can't wait till the day we go shopping for our 'new' home. hopefully the next few years will pass without too much stress.

im off to sort out my junk drawers , and have a bath, hopefully ill even have some time to read some of my book .

goodnight all x
  • mumof3.12kindebt
    Options
    money will be tight the next few months if we are to stick to our £1000 a month into savings

our emergancy fund is running low so i will use any overtime to put into our emergancy fund. ill be happier when its above £1000 would be a good start.
    i hoped to have £5k saved by april. we currently have £4k . with further savings being transfered on the first of april (hopefully £1k) so we should be on target .

then the next targets are
    £10k by august
    £15k by December

we are currently looking at £9k and £13k . so ill have to try and find a way to strip back the outgoings and or make some extra money somewhere.

ive just opened a h2b isa . so things will continue to move in the right direction :)

200 will be paid into the h2b each month
    550 into the standard account (im not sure how i go about getting a better interest deal without moving the money to another bank , as id like to keep it all with the same bank)
    250 into the 5% savings account

any extra will go into the emergency fund until it reaches around £8k ( which is 6 months bills or thereabouts)

ill keep you all updated over the next month and try and log all spends so we can see where we are slipping up .
  • mumof3.12kindebt
    Options
    Need to check my to do lists and see what else is on there.
    I also need to shuffle money around due to an unexpected bill. :(

I'm very tempted to pay off my catalogue . Then I'll only have my loan debt.

I'll think about that one.
  • mumof3.12kindebt
    Options
    Paid the bill.
    Also paid the catalogue off.

House savings are at £ 3200

Also Paid an extra £200 off my loan
  • mumof3.12kindebt
    Options
    brrr its cold outside.

been to work. picked eldest up from school. came home. made 2 cheese cakes . cooked the kids tea . im off to bed now. im tired and achy, theres a bit of washing up in the sink but it can wait till tomorrow now. other than that the place is tidy :) i havent done any of my studies tonight so i must crack on with that tomorrow. i need to order some ink cartridges for the printer as i need to print off a form to send with my birth certificate to see if im eligible for funding for my nvq , i hope i am i really dont fancy spending out £2400 in fees for it. and the owner of the place i work for has refused to chip in despite my managers best efforts to talk him round. failing that i may look for a job where they are willing to help towards my nvq costs . from the research ive done i should qualify for the learner loan . fingers crossed. i was going to start my degree again soon. but now im thinking ill be better to get my nvqs first . another thing to think about,
  • mumof3.12kindebt
    Options
    since November 2017 i've paid off nearly £2000 in debt and saved £2800
    this is why this diary was worth it . because on days when i think why am i bothering looking back and realizing how well we have done so far makes me want to continue
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure