Working after bankruptcy.......

Options
I was made bankrupt a three months ago. I am currently unemployed and live with my very supportive partner, who pays all of the bills etc. We live in his house and so there were no issues with the bankruptcy with that side of things. Our finances were independent of each other.
I am struggling to find employment. I know that I can't be a company director but if my partner set up a limited company and he employed me to work for him would that breach any of the rules of bankruptcy. I can't seem to find anything about it on the internet. Obviously, I would need to inform the Official Receiver that I was employed and the money I was earning. Thing is that currently, I am unable to contribute towards the cost of the bills but at least doing it this way I could be paid a minimum wage and work again and get on the ladder to full time employment and feel some worth?

Comments

• Mouse007
    Mouse007 Posts: 1,062 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Aphorise wrote: »
    ... but if my partner set up a limited company and he employed me to work for him ...

absolutly fine, but you may wish to guard against getting an IPA/IPO

BBC WatchDog “if you are struggling with an unfair parking charge do get in touch”

Please email your PCN story to watchdog@bbc.co.uk they want to hear about it.
    Please then tell us here that you have done so.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure