Mac Cosmetics

Options
Hi, does anyone know how to get discounted genuine Mac cosmetics?
I have really racking my brain over this as I need a Mineralise skin finish compact but can't bring my self to fork out £25 when I'm cutting back on everything right now. I am prepared to go back to the drawing board but find the shade and the finish on my skin of this particular product just right. Help? Btw way I have already benefited from 10% off forst order on the Mac official website in the past. TIA.

Comments

• donnac2558
    donnac2558 Posts: 3,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Ebay, but you have to be very careful of fakes.

Any of the cosmetic parties will always be fake MAC. The department stores which sell MAC sometimes have the 10% off thing.

Estee Lauder who own MAC keep a tight grip on the range.
  • Momama
    Momama Posts: 13 Forumite
    Options
    Yes, really worried about buying on Ebay. I may have to just buy it from John Lewis or Debenhams. Thanks for your comment.
  • Kim_kim
    Kim_kim Posts: 3,726 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    MAC is the last brand I would buy on eBay - well that & benefit. Full of fakes.

Is it really good then. Do you use it as a finishing powder?
  • Chlorine7
    Chlorine7 Posts: 256 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    if you know any students, they can get 10% off.
  • OldMotherTucker
    Options
    Or anyone who works for Estee - they get 30% discount (plus another 15% on certain lines at certain times)
  • Momama
    Options
    I use it as a foundation as I like the light coverage. To be honest my best friend is a make-up fiend (& has the same completion as me) and I have traditionally only bought what she has told me to. I don't really trust the consultant at the make-up counters as they are obvs biased to their own ranges. My BF lives in the states now and I don't get to access her expertise as easily as I did! 😃
  • Momama
    Options
    I used to temp on Department store beauty counters many years ago. I am not in contact with anyone at Est!e Lauder any longer. Great tip though!
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,246 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Momama can your bf not buy it in the U.S. and send to you as a gift?
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • Momama
    Options
    We used to do stuff like that a lot in the past but now with seven kids between us, we tend to just buy stuff for each other's little ones.,

I think I will try Sleek. I have a money-off voucher from boots and double points for my birthday month and can possibly pick up some threshold spend points (if I buy some other essential item). At least that way I won't be too disappointed if I have tried something new that doesnt work for me.

Thanks for all the tips, you are all sooooo kind:T:A
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport