Boots 20 points / £1 this weekend

Options
VfM4meplse
VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
edited 8 September 2017 at 9:47AM in It's gone, but was it any good?
For spends over £50. Suits me as I need to top up my skincare and much is on 3 for 2 offer, so this equivalent of 20% back in points (at least £10 in value) is very welcome.

But it has occurred to me: it's been a while since I've seen anything super-bargain-alicious / online stacking bargains from Boots. Anyone?

ETA: am browsing and not happy to see the Time Delayserum I use is OOS. But then neither is it on 3 for 2.
Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!

Comments

• RainbowDrops
    Options
    Quite a staggering deal. Essentially it's 20% cashback on purchases of £50 or more.

Good for those wanting to get started on Xmas shopping.

Runs from 8-10 September in store and 8-11 Sept Online

http://www.boots.com/points-event?cm_mmc=Email-_-Events-_-20th_Birthday_T4_UK-_-Null

Terms and conditions
    Offer available to Boots Advantage Card holders only
    Offer available in store, online and via in-store ordering
    A total of 20 points per £1 will be automatically added to your Advantage Card once the £50 threshold has been met in a single transaction in store and online
    Points are not available on NHS prescription items, infant milks (up to six months), gift vouchers/cards, postage stamps or carrier bags. In addition, points are also not available on gift boxes and delivery charges for purchases made online
    For members of More Treats for Over 60s and Parenting Club, you will only receive 20 points per £1 plus an additional 6 club points for each £1 spent on qualifying items
    Points cannot be spent on prescription items, Boots Opticians, Hearingcare, infant milks (up to six months), gift vouchers/cards, postage stamps, gift boxes, carrier bags, delivery charges or bootsphoto.com
    Offer cannot be used as part payment or applied after purchase
    Boots Opticians and Hearingcare are excluded from this points event
    During any points event, existing points promotions will not be multiplied
    Offer available 8-10 September 2017 in store and 8-11 September 2017 online
    No cash alternative. Subject to availability
    Full Boots Advantage Card terms and conditions apply
    You must be registered with boots.com and logged in when placing your order
    Boots UK reserves the right to withdraw this offer at any time

Read more at http://www.boots.com/floating-editorial/campaigns/points-event#M48Z6cdqDY72lDCJ.99
  • Doc_N
    Doc_N Posts: 8,284 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    It's a good deal if you happen to find anything at Boots which isn't already overpriced by comparison with other retailers - and there are a few things, usually those on special offer.

But most of their stock is priced well above identical or equivalent items elsewhere, so even a 20% reduction may only bring it back down to normal levels. Compare prices carefully!

Boots is seen by the majority as a trusted British brand, and it carefully nurtures that image. In reality, it's an American owned company with a shady recent history of serious tax avoidance and the use of overseas tax havens to avoid UK taxes - ironic that the NHS which it's cheated out of revenues is one of the main reasons for its very existence.

Not a nice company at all.
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Doc_N wrote: »
    It's a good deal if you happen to find anything at Boots which isn't already overpriced by comparison with other retailers - and there are a few things, usually those on special offer.

But most of their stock is priced well above identical or equivalent items elsewhere, so even a 20% reduction may only bring it back down to normal levels. Compare prices carefully!

Boots is seen by the majority as a trusted British brand, and it carefully nurtures that image. In reality, it's an American owned company with a shady recent history of serious tax avoidance and the use of overseas tax havens to avoid UK taxes - ironic that the NHS which it's cheated out of revenues is one of the main reasons for its very existence.

Not a nice company at all.
    I am not a fan of its healthcare. But it's spot on with the beauty market - and if you happen to use their own brand skincare / makeup, this leaves you quids in...and able to buy more because the discount directs you straight back to the tills at Boots.

Looking forward to receiving my delivery today! :)
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure