Electoral Roll Close affecting mortgage

Options
Hi there, apologies if this is in the wrong place, I'm a newbie and just wondering if anyone had any advice. Having finally gone through a lengthy divorce and financial settlement, my partner is trying now to get a mortgage. She has an excellent credit rating, but is not on the electoral roll, so her application has been declined (purely because of the electoral roll).

She's tried to get on the electoral roll, but it is apparently now closed until the end of November and it takes 2 months once open for it to update on Experian, meaning that she can't now get a mortgage until the end of January at the earliest!

Has anyone come across this before and is there any way around it?

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• kingstreet
    kingstreet Posts: 38,767 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Which lender declined a mortgage on lack of electoral roll visibility as I've never come across that?

Has she never been on it, or is it just appearance at a recent/ new address?
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
  • HLS43
    Options
    It was Nationwide. She has been on it previously, just not at her rented address :(
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure