Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • nsabournemouth
    • By nsabournemouth 22nd Aug 16, 7:34 AM
    • 1,876Posts
    • 4,481Thanks
    nsabournemouth
    Free 5
    • 22nd Aug 16, 7:34 AM
    Free 5 22nd Aug 16 at 7:34 AM

Monese is a 'challenger bank', you'll need to sign up via their app, it takes a couple of mins and once you deposit some money, say 5 they'll then give both you and I a free 5.

Make sure you transfer the money back out as they charge 5 per month.
Page 1
    • redfox
    • By redfox 22nd Aug 16, 7:46 AM
    • 13,641 Posts
    • 37,083 Thanks
    redfox
    • 22nd Aug 16, 7:46 AM
    • 22nd Aug 16, 7:46 AM
    referral links and suggestions are only permitted on the Referrers Board (please read the forum rule) so this thread has been moved to the correct board. If you have any questions about this policy please email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

• Mikkelzzz3
    • By Mikkelzzz3 7th Aug 17, 2:05 PM
    • 17 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    Mikkelzzz3
    • 7th Aug 17, 2:05 PM
    Monese - 5
    • 7th Aug 17, 2:05 PM
    Hi. If you download the app MONESE, and enter the referral code "ABMP53MJ", you and I get 5 which you can transfer into a UK bank account. It takes 90 seconds to create an account. You don’t have to use my referral code - but without a referral code, you get 0…

Once you have created an account, you need to deposit 1 to activate it. You can then immediately withdraw 6 (your 1, plus the free 5) to any UK bank account!

Please remember to close your account after you get the free 5 (you can do so immediately). Accounts are only free for the first 30 days, then cost 4.95 per month IF you have a balance (there is no cost if you don’t have a balance in the account).

Step 1: Download the Monese app

Step 2: Verify with picture of passport or other ID

Step 3: The app will prompt you to record a small video of yourself, citing a text

Step 4: Prove yet again identity which can be done by sending documents, or start a live chat directly on your phone. (I did the live chat, she asked me a few questions, and done under 1 minute)

Good luck!

Ps. They won't make a credit check so no need to worry about that.
    Last edited by Mikkelzzz3; 07-08-2017 at 2:22 PM.
    • mkooo
    • By mkooo 10th Aug 17, 10:55 AM
    • 290 Posts
    • 1,964 Thanks
    mkooo
    • 10th Aug 17, 10:55 AM
    • 10th Aug 17, 10:55 AM
    Tried it out, seems quite secure but not working very well at the moment, kept saying I was logged in somewhere else which wasn't true. Wouldn't let me complete signing up.

Also as a warning, you can't use the app unless you agree to let it monitor your calls/audio...
    • tae117
    • By tae117 18th Dec 17, 6:31 AM
    • 30 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    tae117
    • 18th Dec 17, 6:31 AM
    • 18th Dec 17, 6:31 AM
    Seems that there offer of 5 on sign up with a referral code is still working as of yesterday. I signed up and deposited 10 from my real bank account to Monese and within a few hours I was given my 5 bonus which I swiftly then withdrew back into my bank account.

PS - my referral code is CLR9EQR4 if anybody wants to use it
    • Dsmithchez
    • By Dsmithchez 10th Feb 18, 7:04 AM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Dsmithchez
    • 10th Feb 18, 7:04 AM
    Everyone loves free money
    • 10th Feb 18, 7:04 AM
    So I've been using this mobile current account called monese for a year now and I've never looked back at the high street banks again. They now offer new customers 5 free when you make a deposit of 10 into your account when you use the code FTRU3ZNQ its a nice little freebie and for anyone who's struggling to open a high street bank account a very good alternative. Google monese and take a look for yourself.
    • OceanSound
    • By OceanSound 15th May 18, 7:20 AM
    • 360 Posts
    • 54 Thanks
    OceanSound
    • 15th May 18, 7:20 AM
    • 15th May 18, 7:20 AM
    Quick and easy to open account with Monese app.

If you take photo of passport (ID page) and it's not accepted. Choose 'drivers license' then take photo of passport. When it asks to turn over license and take photo, just take the same photo of the passport ID page.

When the photos have been uploaded, the app will grab your name, date of birth, expiry of passport automatically. You don't have to enter them manually!.

Record a short video by saying 'I [your name] love fair banking'. That's it.

Please use referral code FJ87T3PB when signing-up. Deposit 10, then you and I will receive 5 and 10, within 48 hours.
    Last edited by OceanSound; 15-05-2018 at 7:33 AM.
    • luke2010
    • By luke2010 15th May 18, 4:34 PM
    • 120 Posts
    • 3,362 Thanks
    luke2010
    • 15th May 18, 4:34 PM
    • 15th May 18, 4:34 PM
    Used the link above

Get a 5 welcome gift when you open a Monese account and deposit 10.

The sign up is quick is easy you have to take a photo of your passport or driving license and record a short video saying I love fair banking and you're all set!

Choose the free account and there is no fees!

You can then withdraw your 15 whenever you want. If you refer friends/family you can get an extra 10 for each person that signs up using your link!

Just use my code: TRWQF457. Download the Monese app here: https://monese.app.link/2at1lultWM?invite=TRWQF457
    Last edited by luke2010; 20-05-2018 at 9:46 AM.
    • Philip624
    • By Philip624 16th May 18, 2:00 PM
    • 583 Posts
    • 300 Thanks
    Philip624
    • 16th May 18, 2:00 PM
    • 16th May 18, 2:00 PM
    I used Ocean sounds referral. Grateful if someone could use mine:

Deposit 10 and you will get 5 added. Mine was added within a couple of hours. My referral code is Q92K469L

https://monese.app.link/tEie3NsAXM?invite=Q92K469L
    I can offer no resistance, I can offer no respite
    Wake me when conflict is over,
    I aim for a peaceful life,
    Wake me up when the fury is ended
    I like living a peaceful life
    • podycust
    • By podycust 17th May 18, 4:25 AM
    • 9 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    podycust
    Used one of the codes above to sign up

Deposit 10 and you will get 5 added. Mine was added within a couple of hours. My referral code is AD4ZD8A4

monese.app.link/qjNGJWqKXM?invite=AD4ZD8A4
    Last edited by podycust; 23-05-2018 at 10:13 AM.
    • maxximus75
    • By maxximus75 17th May 18, 11:26 PM
    • 134 Posts
    • 43 Thanks
    maxximus75
    Passing along the referrals..... I used the above link and now have a referral code to pass along myself.

Monese current account with debit card. Euro debit card also available making it great for travel without poor exchange rates!

5 FREE just for signing up and making your first deposit to your account.

It's simple, quick and easy to get going. It doesn't involve a credit check, no proof of address and you'll have your card delivered within days.

Just use your phone to download the app directly: https://monese.app.link/xqwZTr7z0L?invite=UXTJ7DKL

Use referral code UXTJ7DKL
    Last edited by maxximus75; 04-06-2018 at 12:37 AM. Reason: Spelling
    • jayballs118
    • By jayballs118 20th May 18, 9:47 AM
    • 12 Posts
    • 197 Thanks
    jayballs118
    Used a code above now passing on my referral code.

Deposit 10 and you will get 5 added. It took about 3 hours I think to recieve the bonus then I just withdraw it all. Easy! My referral code is SMAHFNH7

monese.app.link/2at1lultWM?invite=SMAHFNH7
    • exifern
    • By exifern 12th Jun 18, 2:56 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    exifern
    KLCUXPPU - Monese referral invite code - Claim 5
    Get a 5 or 5!!!8364; welcome gift when you open a Monese bank account (incl debit card). Only takes a few minutes..

Just use my code: KLCUXPPU.

Last edited by exifern; 12-06-2018 at 2:57 PM. Reason: Date
    • SoozyJ22
    • By SoozyJ22 30th Jul 18, 5:35 PM
    • 3,054 Posts
    • 21,696 Thanks
    SoozyJ22
    I signed up using FriendlyFoe's link.

I would really appreciate it if someone would use my link:

https://monese.app.link/sHfGFCrYOO?invite=ERGFY63A

Referral code ERGFY63A

You will need to deposit 10 and then should receive a 5 bonus within 48 hours. Mine didn't actually arrive in that time period but I dropped them an email using the app and they credited both my account and FriendlyFoe's the same day.

Thanks in advance to anyone using the link.
    • neilix
    • By neilix 11th Aug 18, 1:42 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 58 Thanks
    neilix
    I've just signed up using SoozyJ22's link

I'd be very grateful if someone could use my referral code when they sign up.

Referral code: K9FJ347N

You need to make a 10 deposit and will then have an extra 5 credited to your account.

Thanks
    • gavindoc27
    • By gavindoc27 11th Aug 18, 10:45 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    gavindoc27
    I used SoozyJ22's referral code and received 5 immediately after depositing 10.

I'd also be grateful to anyone who uses my referral code: 5PX47BHD

You will receive 5 after a 10 deposit

Thanks
    • PeterKing1999
    • By PeterKing1999 4th Sep 18, 9:36 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    PeterKing1999
    I would appreciate it immensely if someone used my code - N6JCLT3Q
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,568Posts Today

8,712Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @Dora_Haf: @MartinSLewis So many people on here saying they're great until you get your PROPER job. What if Your proper job Is ON zero?

• RT @hslt88: @MartinSLewis I?m a trustee for a youth charity. We only have a limited pool of funds for flexible youth workers for holiday sc?

• RT @Dan_i_elle_88: @MartinSLewis Loved working zero hour agency care work. Never out of work and I loved having the flexibility! Only left?

• Follow Martin