Removing AP markers after an account has been settled...

Hi all :)

Ok, hopefully some kind soul here can help to put my mind to rest? Plllllease....

So I had been on a Step Change DMP and have repaid it (mix of in full and F&F's) but my Vanquis account has UC/AP markers against it - 4 and a bit years worth...

I have just emailed a complaint asking for the account to be defaulted and the default back dated to the start of the DMP as they're being unfair due to it being on my file for 6 years, etc...

How likely is it they'll actually do it? And, more to the point is there any realistic prospect of the FCA upholding my complaint should Vanquis reject it?

I have spoken to some dude there and he seemed optimistic but was it a blag? I just don't want to get my hopes up and then have them dashed upon the rocks...

Cheers or reading and replying (in advance),

TH

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    You stand a chance.

But don't take the word of any 'dude', for heaven's sake.
  • Hiya , thanks for the reply :)

Hehe, I would love to take the dudes word but I'm realistic ;)

I guess that as it's repaid I have nothing to lose... Right?

Thanks,

TH
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,876 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    It's not the FCA, they don't take individual complaints, it's the FOS and your chances are around 50/50.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • National_Debtline
    National_Debtline Posts: 7,998 Organisation Representative
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi TriggerHappy

A default is usually registered as a signal that the relationship between the creditor and debtor has broken down. The Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) guidance states that this would normally happen when 3 to 6 months of arrears had built up.

If a DMP is accepted by a creditor this must be reflected on your credit report which would explain the AP marker. I understand your frustration as sometimes it will work out better for the default to be registered so that the debt drops off 6 years later.

If your complaint is not successful you can ask the ICO to look into it. Good luck.

Susie
    @natdebtline
    We work as money advisers for National Debtline and have specific permission from MSE to post to try to help those in debt. Read more information on National Debtline in MSE's Debt Problems: What to do and where to get help guide. If you find you're struggling with debt and need further help try our online advice tool My Money Steps
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure