PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Sunday 11th June

redruby
redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
edited 11 June 2017 at 7:08AM in Old style MoneySaving
This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Morning all

Looks a bit overcast and dreary here today its meant to be cloudy all day, Im off to work and I kind of hope it does stay like this as it will be quieter at work, I don't think I can face a busy day as I am shattered, roll on 4.30 today !

OH has got some mince out of the freezer and I think it going to do a chilli for dinner, Its bed change day too so I hope he strips the bed and washes it. House is ok as OH and dd did most of it yesterday.

Thanks for the good wishes re dd, she is going to wait to see what the garage say on Tuesday re her car and then start looking for a more reliable / newer one, she is back on the train for work for the time being.

Right I had better shift myself and get ready for work.

Have good days all xx

Comments

• Hollyharvey
    Hollyharvey Posts: 1,939 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Morning everyone,

Thank you for starting us off redruby

I woke up about 5.00am and haven’t been able to get back to sleep so decided to get up. I think I will need a nana nap this afternoon.

Yesterday was such a lovely day that it really cheered me up. A neighbour decided to have an impromptu drinks party in the late afternoon/early evening and I really enjoyed that. It was nice to have a chat with everyone. I hardly see the neighbours in the winter months. I think everyone tends to stay at home in the warm. I know that I don’t feel like going out much.

Today will mostly be doing the housework. I have got the bedding in the wm and hopefully that will dry quickly on the line so that I can get that back on. The bathroom needs a bit of a spring clean so I will make that today’s major task.

It’s interesting that so many of us seem to be having worse hay fever symptoms this year. I know the pollen count was very high where I live yesterday but it started fairly early in the season.

Having let my tea go cold again, I’m going to go and make another one.

I hope that you all have a good day whatever you are doing.
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Hard_Up_Hester Posts: 4,656 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Morning all

Thanks for the thread RR

I seem to have come down with a stinking cold as well as hay fever, I have a sore throat, temperature and a tight chest, thankfully the work on the house is done. Yesterday I cleaned the boat from bow to stern so it's looking better.

I bought the fabric to make the curtains and hatch quilts yesterday, I'll start making them as soon as I feel better.

It's sunny here today so CHS will carry on with painting the outside of the boat, I have a feeling he will run out of steam before the inside gets done, in which case I will do in myself over the summer holidays.

Have a good day everyone.

Hugs Hester
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,028 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Morning all

I too woke early'ish and am just lying in bed surfing the newspapers. The weather is still not very nice and not inviting me to go out.

Yesterday I discovered a fatal flaw in the tub of sweet peas my neighbour planted for me - no drainage in the huge pot. The rain water couldn't get away and I had to tip the pot over to get rid of the pool. I doubt the plants will survive as it's been raining again overnight and is still on the go.

On the upside I found that the dill seeds I planted in a small pot and put on my window ledge are sprouting. :T. This is for my DM who really likes the herb but struggles to find it in the shops. I'll be carefully nurturing them.

No-plan Sunday here. I hope that everyone has a quiet, peaceful and happy one.

I'm off for tea. HHarvey - do you heat up your cold tea in the microwave? I do.
  • silver-oldie
    silver-oldie Posts: 1,004 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Good morning
    Special thank you to Mrs LW for PM.

Had an early night and woke feeling better plus the sun is shinning.

Think my problem was a bad night and just had so many thoughts racing around my head. I know I can't change things and what will be will be.

Plan for today, pick/eat strawberries

Have a good day
    If you walk at night no-one will see you cry.
  • Morning folks and thanks REDRUBY for starting the thread.

It's middle DGDs 1st Communion today so not much planned in the way of jobs. We need to be at church by 12.00 and DD has a big party planned for afterwards. I don't know where this love of entertaining comes from (certainly not us!) but every occasion has to be celebrated in style. Today is no exception, a buffet booked at a local pub afterwards, all and sundry invited, with a bouncy castle in the garden for the kids. (Just hope it keeps fine and secretly I'll be glad when it's over as I can't do with noisy get-togethers these days. I'm getting a miserable old toad in my old age!)

Have a good day all and (HUGS) for all the poorlies, sad or worried who want one. Take care xx
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • ScarletRibbons
    ScarletRibbons Posts: 2,067 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Good morning everyone.

Sunny and windy here today - what a change from yesterday, though by early evening it had brightened up considerably..
    I didn't go out at all yesterday, so had a no spend day. I defrosted the freezer at last, tidied a couple of cupboards, and cleared a little pile of ironing. I tend to leave ironing thinking Oh there's only a couple of things, and before I know it the pile is taller than me, so I'm trying to break that cycle!!
    This morning I'm visiting a friend, as for the rest of the day - who knows. The garden could do with a tidy, and there are a few other little jobs that I might do, if nothing better presents itself.
    Hope everyone has a good Sunday.
  • camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,005 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Morning All

The weather yesterday changed from wet and miserable to sunny and very windy - all the washing was dried outside in no time. Not very promising today but the bedding can go out for a blow.

Very pleased with the pictures I picked up from the framers - one up already and the smaller one will be put away for DD for Christmas (they are of the same thing).

Weeded the veggie garden in the rain, didn't take very long at all, I should have waited until the sun came out! The peas have flowers on but they may blow away in this wind!

Not sure what today holds, may do some sewing as I caught up with all the TV programmes I like to watch yesterday.

Salmon for tea, must go and do some shopping for veggies.

Hope you feel better soon HH.
    Enjoy the communion TA.

Have a good Sunday. Take care. XX
  • elona
    elona Posts: 11,806 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Waiting to hear sounds of dds and son in law waking up before I get dressed and offer breakfast.

They are going out later to arrange for youngest's first car to be bought and delivered so very excited. I cream crackered my knees
    by all the going up and down stairs and changing beds, clearing up packaging etc yesterday.:o Managed a trip with youngest to shop for an interview outfit on Monday so fingers crossed for her.

It was real treat for my older dd to do the cooking last night - a lovely mushroom rissotta but I am cooking for seven of us for lunch today so defrosted a lot of lean mince for lasagne which we can have with salad and actifry chips.

Need to pop out for lasagne sheets, salad and a dessert later. Once the house is empty I want to clear out my bedroom which has become a dumping ground while work was being done.

Hester

That material is lovely.

Have a good day and hugs to all.
    "This site is addictive!"
    Wooligan 2 squares for smoky - 3 squares for HTA
    Preemie hats - 2.
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,636 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Morning everyone,

Sunny and breezy here in EA as well.
    My DOH was up early and out this morning as he is having a couple of days away at the cricket, he likes to stay over on the Sunday as the hotels tend to be much cheaper. His room has a microwave in it so that, along with a cool bag, means he can take food with him and saves on buying more. I did braise a small piece of beef yesterday so a lot of that has gone with him. I also had a good clear out of the fridge and found some xmas mincemeat :eek: so made some mm buns as well.
    A quiet couple of days for me then :D have a trilogy book wise that have been itching to start and also can catch up on my programmes. No worrying about meals as I can happily live on salads and omelettes etc.
    I may well take a drive over to DM's village as the FD has promised that the memorial will be taken away for her name and details to be added, goodness knows why it takes so long for these things but apparently does.
    Get well wishes to all poorlies especially HH
    Have a good day folks x
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 15,197 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Morning :wave:

HH thats rotten hope you feel better soon have a good sunday chill
    TA Hope you can sneak away early :D

Well despite the rain yesterday the bouncy castle party went ahead so it was pretty noisy here but tolerable... they are good kids and dont normally make much noise so I am lucky. Went round for a prosecco and a hot dog lol which was very nice.

Today is just chill and cleaning. Dressed in pjs and dressing gown so there is no way I am going anyway :) Ordered a load of tin foil containers (like the takeaway ones) yesterday which will arrive today. Be a lot easier to just do mums food portions like that Decided on Shepards pie (thanks nannywindow) and tuna fishcakes.

Bro called yesterday and the one job he had agreed to do (selling dads car) he has now decided he is too busy to do so guess where that job has landed :mad:

Food today will be rest of the pizza from last night with coleslaw and some spicy onions (I know strange combination but thats cooking for one for you :) ) This pizza will now have lasted me for 4 meals ...and yes I am a bit sick of it and would rather have a lovely chicken roast dinner but Ill stick with the pizza.

Hope you all have a lovely day :A
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport