HSBC. Existing customer switch question

Just wondering if anyone done the switch/product transfer from Standard variable rate in to another product with HSBC.
Did they ask for any documents proving the current income?

Comments

• -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,499 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Why don't you tell them you're thinking of staying with them but switching to something else etc, and are they going to need documents proving income.
    They say yes, you know you'd better start looking elsewhere.
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • Mishomeister
    Mishomeister Posts: 1,051 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    I am unlikely to get a mortgage anywhere on my current income/job situation.
    Also it could be the case with them that they would only ask for an income evidence if I was to tell them that the income has changed. I don't wan to shout about it if there is an option to keep quiet about it.
  • kingstreet
    kingstreet Posts: 38,764 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    AFAIK in common with many lenders HSBC does a product change online, execution-only, with no further affordability checks.

If you want to borrow more, or involve a human being in the process, you will then be going 'advised' and the above won't apply.
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure