Mortgage in Principle Halifax

Options
Hello!

I've been reading about a few of these but they were dated 2013.
So a few questions really..

We are hoping to buy a house, our offer was accepted for 111,500
It's just my fiance who is on the mortgage and not myself.
We had the 10% deposit so only borrowing 100,000

Halifax said if we managed to get a 15% deposit and we paid my partners debts off around 3k then they would give us a mortgage in principle so we would be borrowing 94,775 any way what do you think the chances are we will get accepted now?
Do you find out on the day of application, or does it take a few Days?
We've gone from having to save 11500 to now having to save 16725 plus fees so I'm going to have a massive paddy if we don't get through 😂😂 we just need some reassurance. Appointment is on Monday and I'm pooping it 😃

Thank you in advance xxx

Comments

• Neutrinno
    Neutrinno Posts: 310 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Why are you applying in just his sole name?

Do you not yet actually have a decision in principle, i.e. just going off what Halifax have said verbally to you?

You need to apply for a decision in principle if you want a good idea of if you will be accepted for a full mortgage application. It would be unlikely to find out on the day of the application if you have been accepted. The underwriters would need to assess your case and look over any supporting documents, then they would need to carry out a valuation on the property you are going to purchase.

Good luck!
    I am a Mortgage Broker.

You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure