Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Former MSE Sam M
    • By Former MSE Sam M 9th May 17, 3:20 PM
    • 238Posts
    • 159Thanks
    Former MSE Sam M
    MSE Poll: The MSE Leaders’ Debate - Pick key issues for PM candidates
    • 9th May 17, 3:20 PM
    MSE Poll: The MSE Leaders’ Debate - Pick key issues for PM candidates 9th May 17 at 3:20 PM
    Poll started 9 May 2017

The MSE Leaders’ Debate - Pick key issues for PM candidates

The leaders of the Conservatives, Labour, the Lib Dems, SNP, Greens, UKIP and Plaid Cymru have agreed to take part in our ‘leaders' debate’. Here’s a list of issues, many suggested by MSE Forum users with the type of questions we'll ask.

Did you vote? Are you surprised at the results so far? Have your say below. To see the results from last time, click here.

If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.

Thanks!

This Forum tip was included in MoneySavingExpert.com's weekly email!
    Last edited by Former MSE Sam M; 09-05-2017 at 5:20 PM.
Page 1
    • Greengranddad
    • By Greengranddad 10th May 17, 3:51 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Greengranddad
    • 10th May 17, 3:51 PM
    Apr
    • 10th May 17, 3:51 PM
    How can a civilised country allow such outrageous APRs? Just seen an idiot in a cardboard box on tv selling money at 1325%APR.. Jeremy will sort that out, but what about forget it this forum's biggered 25 minutes to post this
    • Harrumph
    • By Harrumph 10th May 17, 9:41 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Harrumph
    • 10th May 17, 9:41 PM
    • 10th May 17, 9:41 PM
    Surprised there is no option to vote to ask about how people with disabilities will be helped. It's not just people with poor mental health that struggle to cope financially. People with disabilities have been disproportionately hit by austerity such as the bedroom tax, cuts to social services, cuts to nhs services, benefit cuts, introduction of pip etc. Rising food and fuel costs are a major concern as these form a large proportion of spending, especially if you can't move much you need more heating. Will parties as a minimum continue to exempt disability benefits from the benefits freeze and maybe even 'triple lock' them like they do for pensions?
    • fewgroats
    • By fewgroats 15th May 17, 9:58 PM
    • 568 Posts
    • 347 Thanks
    fewgroats
    • 15th May 17, 9:58 PM
    • 15th May 17, 9:58 PM
    I'm confused.

I thought people were concerned about why money was or was not being paid to the NHS (including the computer scandal) or whether we would be paying the EU bill, and if we aren't paying it, why we can just forget about it legally. Neither of these seems to be mentioned.
    Advent Challenge: Money made: Ł0. Days to Christmas: 59.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,986Posts Today

6,135Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Mini MSE is on half term next week, so I'm excited to be taking the week off to be daddy. As normal I'm signing of? https://t.co/G3366shWh1

• I once blurted out on @gmb "Theresa May hasn't been given a poisoned chalice - she's been given a poisoned chalice? https://t.co/onfRbY3XVg

• It'd be fascinating to know how history will judge Theresa May's premiership. Currently, it is hard to see it as a? https://t.co/eH77G0O9LA

• Follow Martin