RMS Receivables

Options
Hales16
Hales16 Posts: 1 Newbie
I have received a letter today from RMS Receivables regarding a Peugeot 208 that I had. It was a voluntary termination and they are saying that I owe £104.32 excess mileage even though when the car went back it had done under the mileage stated in the contract and also stating 2 dents one on door NSF and one OSR repair total £66. I have a copy of the inspection report and there is no mention on this about the dents it does say unable to fully check due to car been dirty but I had cleaned and checked it. They have also put the incorrect date stating they had collected the day before but that was a bank holiday and they don't collect on bank holidays or weekends.
Please help

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Tell them what you have told us here.
  • michael1970
    Options
    You will write to them and they will just return a letter back to you saying that you still owe them money without acknowledging your letter some 6 weeks later.

Peugeot finance will just back them, its a disgrace and these people are nothing more than liars and have created a scam on a massive scale. NOONE should use Peugeots PCP deals as its a clear scam.

I am however going to fight them as this is so wrong.

Anyone ever been taken to court by them ?????
  • National_Debtline
    National_Debtline Posts: 7,998 Organisation Representative
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Hales16

Did you happen to take any photographs of the car before returning it? This is always useful in case there are these kinds of issues at a later date.

If not don’t worry, to dispute the costs you will need to make a formal complaint. If your complaint is not successful you can contact the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) who will investigate www.fos.org.uk. Good luck.

Susie
    @natdebtline
    We work as money advisers for National Debtline and have specific permission from MSE to post to try to help those in debt. Read more information on National Debtline in MSE's Debt Problems: What to do and where to get help guide. If you find you're struggling with debt and need further help try our online advice tool My Money Steps
  • michael1970
    Options
    Just to update today we received a letter from Peugeots Finance stating they have looked at the evidence that I have supplied and are happy to waiver any charges. Fully how we got a letter from RMS just two days ago asking for the money. Seems that using their own evidence against them works, a real shame as I was looking forward to a day in court with them.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure