Call for Information: TPS Land

Has anybody any experience of a company called TPS Land? They seem to have dropped off the map over the last few years, but they were ringing in (from Spain I think) to do pension reviews, which usually may have resulted in investments such as store pods and overseas property through SIPPs (Yes, I know...).

Does anybody know about them or their associated companies?

Comments

• ermine
    ermine Posts: 757 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    JKWalker wrote: »
    but they were ringing in (from Spain I think) to do pension reviews, which usually may have resulted in investments such as store pods and overseas property through SIPPs (Yes, I know...).

If it looks like a scam, walks like a scam and sounds like a scam, then it is... a scam? Why the hell doesn't 'ringing in from Spain' set off all the alarm bells in the neighbourhood and tell you - run away

http://www.thepensionsregulator.gov.uk/individuals/dangers-of-pension-scams.aspx

First rule of finance. If an offer cold calls you then its not in your interest. End of.
  • JKWalker
    JKWalker Posts: 8 Forumite
    Hi Ermine. I didn't say I was the one that invested, I'm trying to track down WHO the scammers were, and if they dealt with any regulated parties back in the UK who they introduced to in order to complete transfers. A lot of vulnerable people may have lost a lot of money and I'm part of a larger (none-corporate) group trying to work out how it all happened and whether justice can be served.

Make more sense now? :)
  • AnotherJoe
    AnotherJoe Posts: 19,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Always makes more sense when you don't drip feed information :D
  • I am also trying to locate them as I was not cold called but introduced by another financial adviser. I invested £118K ( entire pension pot) through them with Storefirst, and in a SIPP using Berkeley Burke SIPP administrator( Leicester) who are regulated Storefirst is now subject to winding up proceedings in the High Court.

I am trying to take out proceedings against Berkely Burke so any information from anyone else would be helpful and I shall share anything I find out.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,370 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    You take action against the financial adviser. Assuming it really was a financial adviser. The SiPP provider rarely carries liability.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • sheffield61
    sheffield61 Posts: 11 Forumite
    TPS Land are a scam, plz see my post on the STOREFIRST LTD page, TPS Land contacted myself about these investments in late 2012....
  • Brynsam
    Brynsam Posts: 3,643 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    dunstonh wrote: »
    The SiPP provider rarely carries liability.

That seems to be changing now, given the due diligence requirement placed on SIPPs, although probably too late for transactions which took place some years ago:
    http://citywire.co.uk/new-model-adviser/news/advisers-back-fscss-due-diligence-ruling-against-sipp-providers/a1088999
    https://www.professionaladviser.com/professional-adviser/news/3035416/fos-uploads-unregulated-investments-claims-against-sipp-provider
  • sheffield61
    sheffield61 Posts: 11 Forumite
    I recently was awarded £50,000 via the FSCS against my former SIPP trustees, Stadia trustees, glad to say companies such as these now being forced to take some responsibilities....:beer:
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,370 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    I recently was awarded £50,000 via the FSCS against my former SIPP trustees, Stadia trustees, glad to say companies such as these now being forced to take some responsibilities....:beer:

They are not taking any responsibility.

The FSCS is funded by the good companies that are not doing those sorts of transactions. I have had to pay for you redress for example. The ones that did it haven't had to pay anything to you.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Thanks.......
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport