DMP Mutual Support Thread - Part 12

Options

Comments

• Keezing
    Keezing Posts: 322 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Has anyone had dealings with Creation?

I have written to them some months ago informing them we are going self managed, with the budget sheet and offer of payment.
    They wrote back asking for three months payslips or bank statements.
    I wrote back saying that I wasn't prepared to send those etc.
    The wrote back asking for three months bank statements.
    I wrote back again informing them that I have already written to them, enclosed another budget sheet offer of payment and saying we are not prepared to show them payslips or bank statements.
    They wrote back.....yes you've guessed it. Asking for bank statements or payslips!!
    They've completely ignored my response and same the same generated letter each time.
    At the moment they are getting no payment.
    I don't really know what to do next!

Honestly it's probably best to just let them default you and pass the debt to a debt collector. They'll be far more willing to work with you.
  • Puzzcat
    Puzzcat Posts: 4,200 Forumite
    Options
    Has anyone had dealings with Creation?

I have written to them some months ago informing them we are going self managed, with the budget sheet and offer of payment.
    They wrote back asking for three months payslips or bank statements.
    I wrote back saying that I wasn't prepared to send those etc.
    The wrote back asking for three months bank statements.
    I wrote back again informing them that I have already written to them, enclosed another budget sheet offer of payment and saying we are not prepared to show them payslips or bank statements.
    They wrote back.....yes you've guessed it. Asking for bank statements or payslips!!
    They've completely ignored my response and same the same generated letter each time.
    At the moment they are getting no payment.
    I don't really know what to do next!

I have to say they were my worst creditor... Wouldn't stop interest until I got the FOS involved, wouldn't default me.. then finally sold me but still not defaulted.. complained to ombudsman and it went in there favour as I was apparently still paying an agreed payment monthly. Have now been paying a token payment for over 6 months so still hoping for a default.. they will certainly be one that I hope to do a F & F with as soon as I can save some pennies...! Luckily they sold to Lowell's who I understand are usually quite good at f & f's...

I personally wouldn't send my payslips or bank statements to any creditor, they get an i & e with a covering letter and that's all.

Puzz. x
    Christmas 2020 £109
    I love my dmp started in Nov 13 with SC. Self Managed 2016 57% done
    £60062/25384.84 - 13222.60k UE

MY DIARY
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4768685
  • Sazzie23
    Sazzie23 Posts: 2,634 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Post of the Month
    Options
    Sallyforth wrote: »
    Hoping one of you lovely, knowledgeable people can answer me a question. We ended our DMP with SC a year ago having cleared c. £90k of unsecured CC and loan debt. We somehow managed to do this over 4 years by a combination of high monthly payments to SC (£1,200), a couple of small windfalls, a small inheritance and finally some decent Partial Settlement offers. All good and life is now on the up with just a small mortgage we hope to repay within 2 years because we have learnt our lesson and have surplus these days. That's the background but reading this thread I'm really confused about the constant reference to defaults. Some of our creditors defaulted but some did not and Halifax, despite freezing interest, never seemed to recognise our debt. Will the fact we have some non-defaults go against us in 6 years or can we assume 6 years on all the accounts will drop off our credit history? All are either paid in full or at 0 with a note on our credit file reflected they are settled. Just curious more than anything.

Well done at clearing that hefty chunk of debt in a great time, I know your life must have changed beyond recognition. I believe that in 6 years the history will drop off however it is marked, the benefit of defaults being that they will drop off 6 years from default date rather than 6 years from last payment date.

Did you sign the roll of honour and get your debt free badge ?

Saz
    Debt -it's a fight that I'm winning, dealing with debt one day at a time.
    Estimated DFD August 2018 - 2031 - now 2027 :T

Guide dog Tess, missing Scotland 2 years

DMP support no438.
  • Sazzie23
    Sazzie23 Posts: 2,634 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Post of the Month
    Options
    Bepop wrote: »
    Thank you for replying this morning..just to hear from somebody who understands..I hope to speak soon and take further advice as I don't have a clue what to do or where to start
    I have never felt so ashamed as I do just now that I'm in this situation. Thanks again x

Hi bepop

I see the regulars have given great advice as always., we really do understand, and it's a really confronting time when you realise that your debts have out-run you, but the time to action is now. Get that Stepchange in line debt remedy done. Be honest when you fill it in, it's not about finding every last penny to repay, it's about finding a manageable budget which can then assign a reasonable amount to live on while still making some payments to creditors.

Please don't consolidate, also been there and done that twice, meaning I'm not only still paying off debts, I'm also paying off an extended and increased mortgage now.

However I am paying it off, as you will be soon, once your give yourself over to DMP land. Those feelings of change will fall away and you will start to feel proud of dealing with your debt, no matter how large or small the repayments.

Your life does have to change, and it can be difficult to do this without people commenting, however having a good back story...I'm saving for my pension, new car, reducing my debts to consider going back to study etc can help deflect awkward questions. I'd strongly recommend you have someone on your side, pref someone you can talk to, but there are plenty on here, those that post and those that follow. That have done it without telling a sole.

Make a start and come back and tell us how you are getting along.

Saz
    Debt -it's a fight that I'm winning, dealing with debt one day at a time.
    Estimated DFD August 2018 - 2031 - now 2027 :T

Guide dog Tess, missing Scotland 2 years

DMP support no438.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi, Can anyone help? Thanks Ramble
    ramblehan wrote: »
    Hello everyone. Hope you are doing OK.

I think I have pretty much got my 3 debts defaulted now - have been making token payments for nearly 6 months to make it happen....Now they have defaulted me, do I go back to "normal" reduced payments rather than token £1 payments or still stick with tokens and wait until it gets sold on to someone?

Sort of itching to start paying things down, but don't want to mess up the default (or find out they are sending me to court!)

Good news from our household on a financial front is that DH has finally got a job so I think we will be able to start making a dent into the debts soon.

Thanks Ramble x
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,888 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    ramblehan wrote: »
    Hi, Can anyone help? Thanks Ramble

Stick with token payments, wait till its sold on, then the games begin.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Great - thanks Sourcrates. That will definitely get us on the straight and narrow.
  • BeingDebtFreeStartsHere
    Options
    So......

A couple of letters through the post this morning - firstly from MBNA saying they have received our PPI complaints and have assigned these to be investigated - we should get an update in the next 28 days.

Second letter from Co-operative apologising for delaying recording the default on our loan account. However instead of saying they will backdate the default they have said the account will be removed from our credit file in it's entirety!! They also enclosed a £50 cheque by way of an apology :D

Well worth that letter and a big thank you to MrsSammyB for encouraging me to write and complain and to January2015 for helping me write the letter that got the result!!

Will update re: the PPI claim when I get any news.

Take care,

BDFSH x
  • motivated
    motivated Posts: 3,044 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Well done BDFSH :beer:

Just goes to show you doesn't it. Good luck with the PPI claim. Fingers crossed for you
    M
    Emptying my lake with a teaspoon
  • Bepop
    Bepop Posts: 26 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi to everyone. I've been sitting reading through all the threads and taking notes. I took the first step at the beginning of the week to make contact with the group for some much sought after debt advice. I still haven't plucked up the courage to contact stepchange. Mainly due to the fear of what lies ahead. I've got a few questions that I hope somebody can help me with. Do I need to change banks?? I have a credit card and overdraft attached to my bank. I have two separate current accounts with them, one has the OD and credit card and the other is where my salary gets paid into. I don't have direct debits set up for any of my debts (consists of credit cards, overdraft and store cards, I have always just paid either online or over the phone) so not sure if still have to switch banks?? My mortgage has a fixed rate and due for renewal in early 2018, please tell me if I enter a DMP that this won't affect my renewal?? This is my biggest fear that keeps me awake at night. What happens the minute you make the phone call to SC, do you stop making payments until SC tell you when your plan starts? Do SC ask that you write to your creditors informing them that your now in a DMP and will receive payments in due course? I'm so so sorry for the numerous questions. I feel as though I'm walking in to strange territory that I know nothing about. I'm scared of the uncertainty of my future. I know I can't go on the way I am financially but what lies ahead scares me just as much. The bigger picture so to speak, poor credit rating etc. The biggest demon, apart from the debt, is dealing with your own thoughts of self worth. In a situation that you never thought you'd ever be, it's all the uncertainties. Thanks for listening x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure