Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

    • sidewayslook
    • By sidewayslook 18th Mar 17, 11:07 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    County Court Claim Form - MBNA/Aktiv/PRA
    • #1
    • 18th Mar 17, 11:07 PM
    County Court Claim Form - MBNA/Aktiv/PRA 18th Mar 17 at 11:07 PM
    Hello all,
    Please help! I have received a Claim Form for a debt which I defaulted on in 2010. The debt was on a credit card for 7600 with MBNA. I tried to negotiate with them at the time until I got myself back on my feet. Since then the debt has been passed to Aktiv Kapital in 2012 and now to PRA in 2014. Since then I have paid them 1 a month so I believe this does not make the debt statute barred as this is seen as me admitting to the debt - is that correct? Although the 1 was going to MBNA so I don't know if its actually going to PRA.

    The claim form is saying that the debt was assigned to PRA in 2014 and that since then I have paid them 1300 - which I have not!

    My situation is that I am a single parent, working but receiving benefits.

    I need to respond by Monday. I need to know if it worth me sending a CCA letter to PRA if I have been paying 1 a month? I actually had a County Court form a few years ago, I responded saying I did not recognise the debt and could not afford anything anyway as I was receiving tax credits. I never heard anything again and did not receive a CCJ. However, Im thinking that I was probably just lucky..

    Im really trying to get my finances in order now so could really do without a CCJ - any advice would be great appreciated.

    Thanks in advance.
Page 1
    • fatbelly
    • By fatbelly 18th Mar 17, 11:17 PM
    • 12,242 Posts
    • 9,277 Thanks
    • #2
    • 18th Mar 17, 11:17 PM
    • #2
    • 18th Mar 17, 11:17 PM
    You should acknowledge the claim online before Monday. Tick 'defend in full' - this buys another 14 days to sort something out even if you do not eventually defend.

    You've lost a couple of weeks here but never mind. Hop over to

    and post there - also take their advice to :

    1: ACKNOWLEDGE THE CLAIM - you can do this online usually at
    You'll need your claim reference and password from the front of the claim form - this will extend the time you have to respond to the claim to 28 days from when you received it

    2: Send A CCA REQUEST to the CLAIMANT
    This applies to all credit cards / loans / hire purchase / store cards type debt. It doesn't apply to Mobile Phones / Utilities or Overdrafts.

    3: Send a CPR request to the CLAIMANT'S SOLICITORS
    This applies to everything unless they happen to have supplied you with a bunch of paperwork to back up their claim (v. unlikely) You can include a copy of your CCA request with this letter for information.
    • sidewayslook
    • By sidewayslook 18th Mar 17, 11:28 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    • #3
    • 18th Mar 17, 11:28 PM
    • #3
    • 18th Mar 17, 11:28 PM
    Thank you so much for quick response - Ill jump on this now.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

838Posts Today

7,617Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line?

  • RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

  • Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

  • Follow Martin