Lots to look forward to!

Options
fendi-bag-lady
fendi-bag-lady Posts: 199 Forumite
First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
edited 25 November 2019 at 11:32AM in Debt free diaries
Hi :hello:

It's been years and years since I posted on here and now I'm in a completely different situation. I have been getting very good money for the last couple of years and just frittering it away to the point that I have nothing to show for it and so need to start a new diary to keep myself accountable for my actions. I have a good life and I'm happy with where I am at the moment but feel that I could do much more if I was more carefully with my money. This is my current situation:

I live alone in a flat I rent privately. I have a car which I pay £165 a month for. I work full time and I am also a full time student. As I am very rarely ever home I have decided to give up my flat. This is not something I really want to do at my age (early 30's) especially as I have lived on my own for a few years. So next month I am taking the plunge and moving into a shared house.

I feel like my life is on hold whilst studying and dream about the days I will be able to move back to my hometown, have the job I have always dreamed of, a nice flat and some pocket money for holidays and hobbies (and maybe even a boyfriend!). The next 6 months will be spent concentrating on passing my course and saving money. Then come October I'll be in a great position to live the life I want and have worked hard for (well that's the plan anyway!)

Lx

Comments

• Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Good luck Fendi :)
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • fendi-bag-lady
    Options
    I've just had a quick look at my bank accounts and worked everything out until the end of the month. All of my bills for the month have been paid, both of my bank accounts are at £0 and my savings account has £10.59. I currently have £177.92 in my purse to last until I get paid on the 31st, from that I will need to get food and petrol (£35) and any other bits that crop up but completely manageable

Lx
  • fendi-bag-lady
    Options
    Thanks Bobarella!! Not sure why I didn't tighten the purse strings a while ago!

Lx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport