Income Change?

Options
Hi All,

Advice please. :-)

I went bankrupt July last year with no IVA or restrictions order. I have an offer of temporary work which starts exactly two weeks before auto discharge. The chances are I won't see any money until after discharge though it is just possible the first payment will come through to my account before.

Do I need to declare this if it does? Or if it doesn't? Am I right that I have 21 days to declare a change in income? That would put me well past auto discharge. Obviously, for the sake of two weeks (particularly as it is only a month of work) I don't want to have to find myself with an IVA, but *and I want to make this clear* I do want to do the right thing having gone through all of the guilt we all feel about finding ourselves where we are.

Any thoughts welcome.

Comments

• luvchocolate
    luvchocolate Posts: 3,254 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    hi...you are safe!! you have to notify of any changes within 21 days, so until you have been paid ..you have no change.
    Good luck
  • Seesaw_Life
    Options
    Thanks, that sounds like good news!
  • TheGardener
    TheGardener Posts: 3,303 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I agree with luvchocolate - you are obliged to the tell the OR within 21 days of actually receiving the new income, which in your case is after AD so no problem. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure