Did anyone see a winner announced ?

Options
E: 09/01 5pm Win A BMW SR1000 Race Edition Milwaukee Superbike (Daily Entry ) +

I entered this on a daily basis & have contacted them by email (twice) and on their facebook page (twice).
Each time I received a ' the winner has been selected & will be announced in due course' reply.
I still haven't been able to find out who won the bike or indeed if it has been awarded at all !Starting to look a bit fishy to me (probably sour grapes).
If anyone has could you post up a link please.
Good luck to all.
Robbie.

Comments

• towser44
    towser44 Posts: 609 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Same here, entered every day religiously, but alas I wasn't contacted as a winner and haven't seen anything either. Yes, it was the one posted above.
    :easter:
  • mjm3346
    mjm3346 Posts: 46,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 13 March 2017 at 8:19PM
    Options
    Probably not delivered yet as they like to cover it for the publicity (nothing wrong in that) as they did for their "Fan with a van" last year
    have been named as Toolstation’s ‘Fan with a Van’ competition winners and have taken delivery of the top prize of a Volkswagen Transporter worth £25,000. The Toolstation van went on a European tour throughout the Euro 2016 football tournament giving fans like **** daily chances to win by guessing the country in which the van was parked. In association with Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles, the van was the top prize in the competition which included additional prizes from Karcher, Einhell, and Lee Cooper workwear. Gordon Steel, the Manager at Toolstation’s Inverness Branch delivered the van to **** “Huge congratulations to the **** it’s great to be able to personally hand over the keys to their brand new Volkswagen Transporter. A van is a great addition to any tradesperson’s kit and we hope that it will give them both great support for their work and many miles of enjoyment.” Commenting on taking their new delivery, **** says “**** is an electrician and uses Toolstation’s Inverness branch so to win the top prize in this competition really is unbelievable. We have dreamed of owning a van for many years and just can’t wait to get in the driving seat and get going. Thank you Toolstation

I don't know how long they were giving winners to respond to the Bike one but if it was a fairly standard 28 days then if the first one picked did not reply they wouldn't have tried the next before Mid Feb and even if they replied straight away it would be pushing it to have got the prize delivered yet (and of course if the second did not reply they would only just be getting around to trying a third)

(Might even be people who entered without a license for that size of bike so it would be redrawn as well)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure