Full & Final Payments

Options
Hello

Couple of Questions:-

1. If offers are accepted and the account has already dropped off my credit file, when the creditors mark it as part settled with zero balance will the account reappear on my credit card again for another six years??

2. I rang PR Group about two accounts with themselves, they offered 90% on both and advised that they don't negotiate lower. Then when I checked my post, they had sent me a letter a few days previous offering me 50% on one of the same accounts. When I rang them they said that they can only say 90% over the phone, this I challenged as it was clearly noted on my file that the 50% letter had come out. They said they would honour the letter but I can't pull the cash together in time for the expiry date, they said that i would then have to approach them again. Has anyone had anything like this??

3. Best approach letter or phone call??

4. Barclays select owe 18k, rang me two years ago and offered me 12k to clear it, I was not in any position to do so. As my parents are trying to help me I rang them this week and they wouldn't give me a figure over the phone. They said they don't work like that anymore due to the fact that people were borrowing to pay these offers back. Ummm anyhow he said that they would send me a form to fill out to check my finances. Have received this today and its a budget form, just like my stepchange budget. Do I complete this or send them the budget completed at stepchange?? As I won't have the money from my parents for a couple of months should I just back off and send letters to everyone once i know how much my parents are offering?

Thank you guys, your all great x:T:T:T:T:T:T:T

Comments

• sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,879 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Once an account has dropped off your file, nothing can bring it back, new information will not be recorded.

You can negoatiate on the phone by all means, as long as any agreed deal is correctly backed up in writing.

I would wait until I actually had the money before attempting settlement deals.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • Sazzie23
    Sazzie23 Posts: 2,634 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Post of the Month
    Options
    Hi

DCA have targets to reach and will give differing discounts at different times depending on where they are in the month, how close to targets etc, so it can vary from day to day. Phone negotiations are OK if you can handle them, but make sure it's absolutely clear in writing before going ahead.

Saz
    Debt -it's a fight that I'm winning, dealing with debt one day at a time.
    Estimated DFD August 2018 - 2031 - now 2027 :T

Guide dog Tess, missing Scotland 2 years

DMP support no438.
  • National_Debtline
    National_Debtline Posts: 7,998 Organisation Representative
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi

I agree that it’s best to make offers in writing, they may be looked at by someone who has more discretion than the telephone operators. This factsheet goes into more detail on making full and final settlement offers, which may be useful:

www.nationaldebtline.org/EW/factsheets/Pages/fullandfinalsettlementoffers/lumpsumoffers.aspx

James
    @natdebtline
    We work as money advisers for National Debtline and have specific permission from MSE to post to try to help those in debt. Read more information on National Debtline in MSE's Debt Problems: What to do and where to get help guide. If you find you're struggling with debt and need further help try our online advice tool My Money Steps
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure