Aim to get mortgage down before increasing again

Options

Comments

• Schoolworker
    Schoolworker Posts: 499 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Bt out yesterday and took away our neighbours but phone line with their agreement of course so if they wish to go back to but in the future it will be a new installation. The phone line is no longer going over our back garden.

Paid £220 as overpayment to mortgage today as well as putting some money in the savings in case we need this. I may be able to make another small overpayment in the month from Tilly tally money but will update you. This month need to start buying new school uniforms as this is when the sales as on so this will be an extra expense than usual.

Had phoned call from nationwide to say that they need my payslips sent again to show my employers name on it so will download these and scan them to them from work tomorrow as our application in under full consideration and they need this information. I prevously printed off my payslips out with downloading them so lots of the information was not on this. Will see when we hear about this - this month hopefully.
  • Kittenkirst
    Kittenkirst Posts: 2,563 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    That's a nice chunky OP there Schoolworker :)

Bless your DS; hard to shield littlies from such horrible things when it's all over the tv news and the papers. Hope he's managed to get to sleep okay in the end last night?
    First home- Oct’16 until June’21: £170.995- Overpayments made £13,784 (25% extra!).
    New forever home- Sep’21 £309,449 @ 2.05%. Plan to clear it before 30 years!!!!!!
  • Schoolworker
    Options
    Day off work today as doing stuff for the local gala day which is tomorrow and daughter is the flower girl so have decorated the house and garden in the smurfs theme - it looks great. Daughter is really excited about her big day and we will be up early for hair and make up.

Going out for dinner at daughter choice restaurant tomorrow night.

Did grocery shop today - will total up the spend to diate and report back in. Got father day present I as well as two kids presents. Next weekend will need to be low spend as not much money left in bank for the next 2 weeks.

Got notification from lender that we have the extra money for our extension. I phoned up to say can they hold this money at the moment and will phone back in August to get money released before building works. It seems to be moving on slightly.

Got appointment with wren kitchens to see what quote they can give us for a new kitchen in the extension next Sunday and then see if we get another quote to compare.
  • Kittenkirst
    Kittenkirst Posts: 2,563 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Enjoy the gala day tomorrow and hope your daughter enjoys :)
    First home- Oct’16 until June’21: £170.995- Overpayments made £13,784 (25% extra!).
    New forever home- Sep’21 £309,449 @ 2.05%. Plan to clear it before 30 years!!!!!!
  • Schoolworker
    Options
    It was a great day and the gala party were very pretty and did well. The weather was great for this as its mostly outdoors. Relaxing a bit before going out for dinner. Hopefully sleep better tonight and not up early but it was worth it.
  • Schoolworker
    Options
    Well last Saturday was really sunny at the gala so got really burnt badly on the back of my neck. Ended up going to pharamist to get stuff to help as really painfully. Its died down now which is good and its covered since temperature has went down a bit now.

Grocery spend for June to date is £269.92 but may increase slightly as need to get more food for holiday box - due to go on holiday in 7 days time and looking forward to it. Only 1 more day of work on Wednesday before being off with the kids for 6-7weeks - hope weather is kind to us.

We met up with a kitchen designer to see what design she would come up with for our new extended kitchen and get a cost. We believe its a great price for what we are getting so paid 10% deposit as deal was running out. Paid deposit on credit card and will see what other places are pricing up for us as we can go back to them to price match. Very happy with what we picked and so is hubbie - a few different ideas but we got to an agreement

After holiday will need to price up bathroom and ensuite stuff as I only have estimates on my spreadsheet so I can get actual prices etc

Bought quite a bit of the kids uniform as marks have the or discount on this. Will get other stuff after holidays and awaiting school shop stuff ordered to come in but this will be in July.
  • Jessy103
    Jessy103 Posts: 1,824 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Hi! I too got burnt last week and I find an aloe vera aftersun gel that's been kept in the fridge is the most soothing! Good luck with the new kitchen!
    Mortgage Balance as of Jan 24 £36,500 Starting Mortgage Balance (June 2019) £72,000. 2024 Overpayment Challenge: Jan £558.40, Feb £588.11, Mar £497.32
  • Schoolworker
    Options
    Thanks jessie103. I did get aloe vera gel from the chemist and it was kept I. The fridge - it helped greatly and loads left for any other sunburn later In the sun.
  • Schoolworker
    Options
    Bought stuff for holiday food box today so grocery amount for June has went up to £279.92 and still need to get kids juice.

Paid another £35 towards the mortgage which is from Tilly tally and some cash for clothes money also. No more payments for June but I gave managed £255 which I think is fairly good.
  • Schoolworker
    Options
    Hiya grocery amount for July so far is £27.11 as only needed a few things for over the weekend since we are heading away for our holidays tomorrow Monday for a week - caravan holiday at sandy bay - friends are also going so kids and we have company for night time entertainment - looking forward to this.

Goigng to visit parents to leave my brother present for them as he is coming home for dinner with the txt of my family as we are away (he stays in Aberdeen) anyway it's a big birthday so got him nice 1977 1/2p coin cuff links and money for him to out towards something.

Got most of the kids school uniforms in but will need to finish this when we return from holiday - so I can forgot about it for the rest of the school holidays. Kids are booked into a summer club for several Thursday's and a few Friday over the 7 weeks off so we have a break from each other. Hopefully they will enjoy.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback