Disability freebies???

Hi all sorry if this isn't in the right place but I'm sure some one will let me know if it isn't.

I am helping the local council's Childrens disability register, who release a monthly news letter, with compiling a list of freebies and fun stuff for people with kids who have any kind of disabilty. We already have used the link to the free pontins holiday's to get about 15 families with special needs kids a week away.
A while back some one had compiled a list with all sorts such as; days out, BT free directory enquirey, Cinema discounts, Carer discounts, rail discounts and more, if any one knows where the list went, that would be great.

Thanks in advanced.

Comments

• isualive
    isualive Posts: 6,970 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Combo Breaker First Post
    Carer goes free into the Eden Project!
    1/2 price entry to Longleat.
    1/2 price entry to Newquay zoo.

My son has special needs and attends a special school! There needs to be a list of discounts etc but I haven't come across one yet!
    Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless. ~ Mother Teresa
  • I think it used to be on www.bbc.co.uk/ouch but I can't find it now. Maybe email them and ask if they have it in their archives?
  • isualive
    isualive Posts: 6,970 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Combo Breaker First Post
    Thanks for the link, it looks good!
    Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless. ~ Mother Teresa
  • Free Cinema entry for Carer:

The Cinema Exhibitors' Association Card entitles the holder to one free ticket for a person accompanying them to the cinema. The card is valid for three years from the issue date and costs £5. To apply for the card a person must meet one (or more) of the following criteria.
    a) Be in receipt of disability living allowance or b) Be a registered blind person
    www.ceacard.co.uk
  • Quackers
    Quackers Posts: 10,157 Forumite
    there's this really old thread for 'moneysaving for carers' which may be helful

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=152

or have a look here

www.yourable.com

or this thread

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=461014&highlight=free+for+disabled

There was a thread that did list everything - I'm sure there was. I just cant find it :o
    Sometimes it's important to work for that pot of gold...But other times it's essential to take time off and to make sure that your most important decision in the day simply consists of choosing which color to slide down on the rainbow...
  • Nobleck
    Nobleck Posts: 287 Forumite
    Free Cinema entry for Carer:

The Cinema Exhibitors' Association Card entitles the holder to one free ticket for a person accompanying them to the cinema. The card is valid for three years from the issue date and costs £5. To apply for the card a person must meet one (or more) of the following criteria.
    a) Be in receipt of disability living allowance or b) Be a registered blind person
    www.ceacard.co.uk
    I sent all the relevant information they wanted and the money and never heard anything from them. I wandered if they where still operational.
  • My friend got a cinema card about 6 months ago for her son so I think the scheme is still running. There is no date on the website that I could see. The number for enquiries is Tel: 0845 123 1292
  • Nobleck wrote: »
    I sent all the relevant information they wanted and the money and never heard anything from them. I wandered if they where still operational.

I got this for my son about a year ago, might be worth chasing up :confused:
  • if in Scotland disabled children & adults can claim a free travel bus card, which can be used anywhere in Scotland ( includes long coach trips )
    my son's pass also allows a carer to gain free travel when traveling with him.

http://www.transportscotland.gov.uk/defaultpage1221cde0.aspx?pageID=40
  • Narva
    Narva Posts: 233 Forumite
    blue badge holders can go over the seven bridge free
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business