I know I must be a little crazy.....

Options
daveg14
daveg14 Posts: 3 Newbie
Combo Breaker First Anniversary
edited 29 July 2016 at 2:06PM in Mortgage-free wannabe
....but, at the ripe old age of 64 (and a half....ish!), I'm retired and mortgage free, and I'm considering the possibility of purchasing a holiday home, for around 85-100k; My question is, could I get a mortgage/remortgage, based on my pension being my sole income, and for a period of say 15 years, or would it have to be a secured loan on my house, (approx value 300k)......subject of course to being able to afford the repayments!!

Not even sure if this is the right question, or the forum to be asking on, but I'm sure there's an Oracle or three can point me in the right direction?

Thanks folks..........Dave.

Comments

• edinburgher
    edinburgher Posts: 13,463 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    You'd be better off moving this to the main mortgage forum, there be mortgage advisors and their ilk lurking there :)
  • A_Frayed_Knot
    A_Frayed_Knot Posts: 3,296 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I do think I read somewhere you could get a mortgage up to your 80:eek::eek::eek: but I take it your pension would need to be a good one.

I got a mortgage 4 years ago that would take me up to I'm 70 :eek::eek::eek: hence the reason I'm on this forum :)
    Always have 00.00 at the end of your mortgage and one day it will all be 0's :dance:
    MF[STRIKE] March 2030[/STRIKE] Yes that does say 2030 :eek: Mortgage Free 21.12.18 _party_
    Now a Part Timer from 27.10.19
  • daveg14
    Options
    Thanks for that
  • daveg14
    Options
    Good call :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing