Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Foxface
    • By Foxface 22nd Mar 16, 10:11 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Foxface
    Repaying shared equity - time's up!
    • 22nd Mar 16, 10:11 PM
    Repaying shared equity - time's up! 22nd Mar 16 at 10:11 PM
    Hi y'all

My first post...

10 years ago, we took on a shared equity mortgage - 25% of the house's value to be paid after 10 years (now!). The debt has been moved on at least once and now resides with Phoenix shared equity and managed by Hampton Mortgage Servicing. I've negotiated a lower amount to repay, which is reflective of a drop in the house's value but Hampton's have told me that "There are reasonable fees on redemption, these will be 150 + VAT and are payable to Hampton Mortgage Servicing Limited".

I can't find anything agreeing to paying this nor remember this at the time but as it was 10 years ago, it's not surprising. There's also solicitor fees to pay (and daily interest charges as I think I'm going to be late getting this sorted) so I'm concerned about the costs of this all mounting up. Does anyone have any experience of this? My concern is whether the redemption fee is right or if anyone has challenged this before. This is the first time Hampton's have mentioned the fee.

Any advice gratefully received- thank you
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,247Posts Today

6,613Users online

Martin's Twitter