New Product Testing Freebie Sites guide discussion

MSE_Jenny
MSE_Jenny Posts: 1,312
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
MSE Staff
edited 5 August 2021 at 3:25PM in Freebies (no spend required)

Hi all,

We've written a new Product Testing Freebie Sites guide and would love your feedback.

How did you find the info? Was it useful? Do you have any other tips you'd add?

Thanks for your help!

MSE Jenny

Comments

• Hi, loved the product testing post. I'm a member of tesco orchard, clicks research and bzzagent. I'm also a member of the boots review panel which I noticed is absent, but is amazing. Had some fab products from boots to review, from full sized bottles of perfume, make up, nappies etc
  • im a member of tesco orchard which i like as its varied with what you get and i even had free beer so that was good and a mate of mine got free wine, im also on bzzagent which used to be great but now i have had no products to test in well over a year (i check to make sure there are no surveys twice a day so thats not the problem) and i had a rating of 8.5 now its only 3.5 simply because they have offered me nothing to test and judging by their facebook im not the only one, and know a few people that have joined and they have had very little and most of it not really relevant to them,
  • wildthing01
    wildthing01 Posts: 330
    Forumite
    edited 11 February 2016 at 6:45PM
    I would definitely add the Boots Evaluation Suite - for either products to test at home, or if you live close enough (it's in Beeston in Notts) you can go to the site and test onsite. Home testing products you get to keep,on-site visits are paid either by BACS or Boots gift card (and you don't get to take the product away). They are looking for a mix of consumer review and actual testing e.g. re side-effects etc and the products are not usually in their final saleable state, but I have been with them for several years now and had fantastic full size products. Have not done much on-site testing as I work full-time and the appts are during the day, but great for part-timers, retired or students, and they accept both men and women.

I see Pinecone are on there - I have been a member for years with Pinecone and answer all the surveys but I have yet to be sent a product to test! On thing to watch is, once joined, you must complete the surveys they send regularly or you will get bumped from the panel (unless you've warned them you'll be unavailable for a certain period) - they want very reliable people who will take the time to give reliable answers.

Also there's the Litmus Test, can't remember now how I got signed up to them, but they do occasionally send out products for surveys, have recently had a very good branded body moisturiser from them.

The best way to get signed up with many of the sites is to be a regular contributor to other sites and you'll tend to get invites to new sites etc.

can also recommend Tesco Orchard, have only just joined and not yet had chance to 'spend' my first lot of vouchers, but it seems really good value.
  • MSE_Jenny
    MSE_Jenny Posts: 1,312
    MSE Staff
    Hi,

Thanks for all your feedback, really helpful.

Boots Review Panel is actually not accepting new registrations at the moment (boo as sounds amazing), but I will add a note for people to look out for when they next open.

http://bootsreviewpanel.com
  • hmaffin
    hmaffin Posts: 134
    Forumite
    There's also the Insiders - https://www.theinsiders.eu/home/welkom/14/

You put in a request to help test their current campaign and if selected are sent goods and lots of literature to help you spread the news about these goods by Word of Mouth. We have tested cat food and Carte Noir capsules and received a good amount of both! There have also been smartphones and household goods.
  • ezzauk
    ezzauk Posts: 45
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Just found a Pinecone invite link http://mysurvey123.com/surveys/join.php?pid=pinecone-uk if it helps anyone
  • sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,837
    Homepage Hero I won, I won, I won! I've been Money Tipped! Debt-free and Proud!
    Senior Ambassador
    ezzauk wrote: »
    Just found a Pinecone invite link http://mysurvey123.com/surveys/join.php?pid=pinecone-uk if it helps anyone

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /surveys/join.php on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing [email protected]. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • juliek_4
    juliek_4 Posts: 197 Forumite
    thanks for info
  • pinkspideruk
    pinkspideruk Posts: 752
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    The insiders is good (the link is posted above) however be aware if you sign up with them and want to take part in their projects for expensive items (over £150ish i think) or items which are trial and return they will require your bank details (iban) so if you dont return the item or dont complete the project they will charge you a set amount - all the info is up front when you apply - I've done several projects with them including the LGG4 when it was first out - they offered a phone plus blue tooth set that was retailing at £500 - they originally said it was trial only but then let everyone who completed the tasks (take 100 photos and write a review) keep the phone - but they said at the start if you didnt return the phone at the end it would be £200 charge so if you do add them to your list people should be aware of it.

They also add in extras too if you complete the project or are active e.g. if you were in the catfood trial and very active they sent you a goody bag when it was finished which included another £100ish worth of goodies for your cat.

If you are doing a project for a cheaper item they also send out a lot of freebies/samples and really good vouchers to share with people. With the cat food one they had several bags of cat biscuits to give out plus £5 off vouchers which basically made the food 1/2 price to buy. With the calmurid one we got 25 samples to give out plus vouchers which gave people 1/3 off the price
    Anything is possible if you believe

Jan 2015 - £13,000 Feb 2018 £0 DEBT FREE WOOHOO now to start saving
  • pinkspideruk
    pinkspideruk Posts: 752
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    another one is try be

https://trybe.com/

mainly small items - yu sign up via facebook - apply to try, if chosen you try the product and then write a review on their site.

ive tried kids vitamins - samples and vouchers sent out not a generous as other sites with the amount you get but worth a look
    Anything is possible if you believe

Jan 2015 - £13,000 Feb 2018 £0 DEBT FREE WOOHOO now to start saving
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport