Elite 2015#1

Options

Comments

• Wheres_My_Cashback
    Options
    Tinyshoes wrote: »
    I have been looking at a holiday for me an the girls for ages but not plucked up courage to book, absolutely gutted had not looked for ages and on Tuesday it had gone down from over £700 to £622 each, looked again yesterday morning and it was back up to £749 each. :(

Think I have a bit to learn on when the best deals are to be had. Mr TS told me to not look again for a while and wait until the new year rush is over as lots of people are probably looking right now.

Considerations when looking at travel sites/airline fares/catalogue sites etc.

Generally, look during quieter days ie. Tue/Wed/Thu, not weekends/bank hols when many more are looking/booking... Economics of supply/demand kick in on busier times, therefore prices can be higher.

Always clear history/cookies if going back to a previously viewed deal. Your subsequent visit alerts them to your interest so the price could be high. In many cases the price will return to original prices after clearing....but not always ;)

This is particularly relevant with ticket only purchases on full service airlines/Ryanair.
  • deb
    deb Posts: 807 Forumite
    edited 1 January 2015 at 2:37PM
    Options
    Happy New Year to you all :)

Thanks to the lovely peeps on here I have done my first successful Asda online shop and now have price match vouchers to spend!! One thing we do get through a LOT of here is Pepsi Max so I am very interested in this one! I have got a basket ready to go but the total showing is £44.39 (including 10 x Pepsi Max and 10 x Cherry Pepsi Max) - my question is this - as this is more than I will actually pay, how does this work when using the price match vouchers as I understand that you don't get any 'change'? If I 'part pay' with vouchers and part pay with credit card - will it use the vouchers first? i.e. I could use a £20 pp voucher and then pay the balance on my card? Hope this makes sense! Any advice would be fab xxxxx
  • zippydooda
    zippydooda Posts: 16,121 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    gocat wrote: »
    Had the most sober New Year eve ever and have had a headache all morning. So not fair :mad:

at least no babies for you in September then.:p
  • Munqui
    Munqui Posts: 3,439 Forumite
    Options
    zippydooda wrote: »
    it was useful.

yesterday
    I got fed up with my local store not having 3v cards (and run out of mags :o), so I drove 17m e/w to my next store. they had both. I purchased 20 x 3v cards using 20 coupons from the mags.

that gave me 3500 points + another 500 points for buying with my cc+

so that's £120 towards my next p&o cruise.

+ a bonus of 20p off a litre of fuel next time I fill up
    so even though it was the last day, its never too late for an "elite"

My mag store has no 3V's :o

And we were just taking a shortcut through the shop not intending to buy anything, family in tow wouldn't have understood :rotfl: ....and had appointment to make.

I know these are just excuses :o

Will try harder in 2015 :money:
    #CHEEKY :cool:
  • davemorton
    davemorton Posts: 29,066 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    What sites do you use for your cruise bargains dm? We've only ever cruise on disney cruise line (which is amazing!), but thinking of trying some others as really like cruising. I actually think a cruise would be great to be on for new year, if I'm up to it this year maybe I'll consider it.
    I find they are the same price whereever you look, but I usuallu use iglucruise to find a chruise, and then if it is with P&O, and the price is the same, I book direct with them, or if it is another firm such as RCI I just book through iglu.
    Tinyshoes wrote: »
    I have been looking at a holiday for me an the girls for ages but not plucked up courage to book, absolutely gutted had not looked for ages and on Tuesday it had gone down from over £700 to £622 each, looked again yesterday morning and it was back up to £749 each. :(

Think I have a bit to learn on when the best deals are to be had. Mr TS told me to not look again for a while and wait until the new year rush is over as lots of people are probably looking right now.
    To be fair, he is right :D

Hmm, I had quotes Zippy too, but it isnt here, but just to say Russia looks amazing.
    “Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?”
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
  • Tinyshoes
    Tinyshoes Posts: 29,014 Forumite
    Options
    zippydooda wrote: »
    not normally a good time to book in January. local TA told me there is a post Christmas rush as people start thinking about the cold

Thanks zippy, really wish had just bite the bullet and booked. It was an all inclusive deal so think £622 would have been a bloomin good steal.

Think I will wait, we do not want to go to September when DD2 is back home, so don't think there is a rush for places.
  • David.
    David. Posts: 24,086 Forumite
    Options
    What sites do you use for your cruise bargains dm? We've only ever cruise on disney cruise line (which is amazing!), but thinking of trying some others as really like cruising. I actually think a cruise would be great to be on for new year, if I'm up to it this year maybe I'll consider it.

Just putting it out there are you :grouphug:
    When The Fun Stops Stop ;)
  • David.
    David. Posts: 24,086 Forumite
    Options
    manilla how is DD this morning or are you still asleep :cool:
    When The Fun Stops Stop ;)
  • boo_2112
    boo_2112 Posts: 1,092 Forumite
    Options
    HILLBERN wrote: »
    Still haven't had results for chocs from 9am cc tuesday:( still says shopping on its way....:(

U dont use Swaff'am do ya?? :rotfl:

Seriously hon, the same happened to me on my Mon cc, these little stores are way slower than the ones where it's picked from the actual store
  • Sunshinemummy
    Sunshinemummy Posts: 17,377 Forumite
    edited 1 January 2015 at 2:44PM
    Options
    bebop1968 wrote: »
    did a shop this morning these cookies were 2 for £2.00 in my store
    10% Cheaper Guarantee

ASDA guarantee your comparable grocery shopping to be 10% cheaper than Tesco, Sainsbury’s, Morrisons and Waitrose or we’ll give you the difference.

Due to the ASDA Price Guarantee, you're entitled to a voucher of £7.07:

8 items (4 different) on your bill qualify for comparisonASDALogoWhite.gifWaitrose

+£6.39CheaperSignBlue.gif

0.01 x ASDA Carrots by Weight per kg£0.00£0.00
    1 x Haribo Maoam Giant Strawberry Stripes£0.10N/A
    1 x Haribo Maoam Giant Sour Stripes (15g)£0.10N/A
    1 x Nurofen 200mg Caplets (8)£1.00N/A
    4 x Fox's Chunkie Cookies - Milk Chocolate (180g)£6.76£4.00
    2 x Fox's Chunkie Cookies - Extremely Chocolatey (175g...£3.38£2.00

1 x Candyland Flumps Mallow Twists (12g)£0.10N/A
    1 x Haribo Starmix£0.10N/A
    1 x Toblerone Milk Chocolate Bar (400g)£3.00£0.75

Comparison total (compared products only)£13.14£6.75
    For your information: