Help with interview for Senior support worker position :)

Options
Hi All,:j
I have an interview for Bank Senior support worker Band 5 and was wondering if anyone could help me with possible interview questions?
The position is working with people that have learning disabilities within the community programme.

Comments

• alwaysonthego_2
    Options
    I work in social care and the interview questions I have had are surrounding assessments, safeguarding, legislation such as the Community care act and mental health act, and how you would deal with conflict.
  • jennifer12
    Options
    Hi Alwaysonthego,
    Thanks for your reply, feel I now have an idea of what they're looking for.:j:beer:
    Interview in a week :(
  • any_name_will_suffice
    Options
    It's a long time since I've interviewed for a senior support worker, but maybe think about the Mental Capacity Act as well?
  • jennifer12
    Options
    Thanks for the help guys, much appreciated:beer::D
  • nimbo
    nimbo Posts: 3,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    try to think about ensuring that practice is anti discriminatory / anti oppressive, and how this can mean different things to different people.

Working to ensure service users are empowered where possible.

good luck.

Stashbuster - 2014 98/100 - 2015 175/200 - 2016 501 / 500 2017 - 200 / 500 2018 3 / 500
    :T:T
  • National_Careers_Service
    National_Careers_Service Posts: 147 Organisation Representative
    Options
    Hi jennifer12

Congratulations on getting to interview! You must have done an excellent job of showcasing your relevant skills and experience to get to that stage.

It’s great that you’re starting to think about the interview and trying to anticipate the questions that they may ask. Preparation is definitely key!

I was wondering: has the employer provided you with any supporting information about the job, such as a person specification? If they have then this can give you a good sense of the kind of topics that they might cover during the interview. You can look at each of the points listed on the person spec and start to try and think of examples that demonstrate that you have each of the skills or experiences that they are looking for.

For example, if they list knowledge and understanding of relevant legislation, then that would be a cue that they may ask about this in the interview. You can then research what the current relevant legislation is, so that you can comfortably talk about that if asked. Likewise, if they list the ability to deal with challenging situations, this could indicate that they will ask a question around this, so again, you can try and think in advance about examples of instances where you’ve dealt successfully with a challenging situation.
    It might also be worth thinking about and prepping for some of the more generic questions that interviewers may ask, such as:
    • What are your strengths and weaknesses?
    • Why do you want to work here?
    • What do you know about our company?
    You may find it useful to have a look at some examples of the Top Ten Interview Questions.

Good luck. I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you!

Victoria
    Official Organisation Representative
    I'm the National Careers Service verified representative. MSE's verified me to reply to queries about the organisation, so I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the verified companies & organisations list. I'm not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I have please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • jobbingmusician
    Options
    Another issue that I would want to read up about if possible is positive risk management. e.g. http://www.scie.org.uk/publications/ataglance/ataglance31.asp
    I was a board guide here for many years, but have now resigned. Amicably, but I think it reflects very poorly on MSE that I have not even received an acknowledgement of my resignation! Poor show, MSE.

This signature was changed on 6.4.22. This is an experiment to see if anyone from MSE picks up on this comment.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure