Argos Mastercard

Options
The Argos Mastercard launches next week (Wednesday 20th June). Not too sure about specifics etc, but think theres a decent launch promo (poss % off?).

Just incase anyone has any purchases that they could put off for a week or so?

Check it out here

HTH
My views and opinions are my own and do not represent those of my employer or any other organisation or individual

Comments

• Mack_3
    Mack_3 Posts: 142 Forumite
    Options
    I think all Argos Card holders have had a mailing about this. I know I have. Just bangs on about how they don't do introductory offers, but are offering 3 monthes interest free credit on all purchases. Has an interest rate of 17.9% tho which seems a bit high :|
  • Ardsguy
    Ardsguy Posts: 51 Forumite
    Options
    17.9% on a credit card is quite high. But in comparison, the Argos store card is currently 25.9%, set to rise to 27.9% later this year. Just depends on the extras they offer as to wether they'll be used or not!
    My views and opinions are my own and do not represent those of my employer or any other organisation or individual
  • diamonds
    diamonds Posts: 6,048 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Mack wrote: »
    I think all Argos Card holders have had a mailing about this. I know I have. Just bangs on about how they don't do introductory offers, but are offering 3 monthes interest free credit on all purchases. Has an interest rate of 17.9% tho which seems a bit high :|

lol just applied and got accepted for the store card and was looking about for info on this as the agreement with Barclaycard ( announced a year ago ) terms had to be finalised before 31/12/06 ( amazing what you can find on the internet ! ) and nothing on eithers corporate websites to date since the announcement, I thought they had binned the ( Littlewoods/Barclaycard genre ) Argos partnership !

just need to do a good Argos history then apply, how i miss th ex's littlwoods gold card, budgeting emergencies of a few hundred pounds was a breeze rather than Visa/Mastercarding with interest ;)

It does compete with Argos card but im assuming its easier to get now, ie higher % for higher risk ?

I want one ! wonder how long I should run my Argos account for before applying for M/card, any ideas ? I know the new joint company is separate from Argos Financial ( Argos Card issuer ) but a credit search on me & my immaculate credit file including my Argos card history sure would help acceptance for Argos M/card ? what you guys think ?

the littlewoods/barclaycard Visa was hard to get @ first and ex was declined ( ex with immaculate long term credit file of 15 years since 18, I got thier credit in control over few years before ( ex would Visa everything, even on payday ! ! Typical !! ) & got thier 3 creditcards to low balances with 95% available of the high credit limits on all - 2 storecards of which were used for 0% only for Arnold Clark & Scotish Hydro shop & run by Clydesdale Financial Services and massive fully paid loans recently settled & numerous in the past, 1 current a/c on file, no mortgage with a fantastic income ( always just under the 40 % tax ;) & a company car so monthly expenses were low ( cash spending after cards paid down was high ! ), Refused card - asked to appeal, refused! = try in 3 months - a few months interest free on the very old disused flexible account my ex managed to get it no problem !

opinions please

now considering Barclaycard manage the operation & share the profit with Argos do you think similar will apply with Argos ?
    SO... now England its the Scots turn to say dont leave the UK, stay in Europe with us in the UK, dont let the tories fool you like they did us with empty lies... You will be leaving the UK aswell as Europe ;)
  • diamonds
    diamonds Posts: 6,048 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    website live, got accepted for store card, decision in the post about Mastercard

and its run by Argos home financial division same as store card, guess the call centre will be Barclaycard run
    SO... now England its the Scots turn to say dont leave the UK, stay in Europe with us in the UK, dont let the tories fool you like they did us with empty lies... You will be leaving the UK aswell as Europe ;)
  • dangeroussports
    dangeroussports Posts: 1,245 Forumite
    Options
    Got my card today.

6k limit.

Not sure if it was a good idea though.
  • cairndorep
    Options
    wat £6000? what do you earn a year? I earn about 6 k a year what limit do you think i would get. I have been accepted but have to wait for my card to come out, also from when you applied how many days did you have to wait to get your card?
  • dangeroussports
    Options
    About a week.

I earn 30k. But my credit file is excellent. I really dont need 6k at all.

Being a store credit card I was expecting maybe 1.5k maximum. What on earth will I use 6k for! That also goes for my 15k limit at MBNA

Stupid.
  • clio
    clio Posts: 3,345 Forumite
    Options
    Has anyone got the argos mastercard allready and been given the new extras that come with this card ie: cashback/0% for 9 months bt's etc, or is it not open to existing customers.
  • Pound
    Pound Posts: 2,784 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    No, I applied for mine when I got a mailing about the offers. There is a link on the Argos Mastercard members' website under your rewards to see how much money back has been earned. Although it's currently telling me to come back on the 15th October!

The offer I got was 0% interest for 6 months on Argos purchases and 10% cashback on Argos purchases. Did other people get the same offer?

If you look on https://www.argosmastercard.co.uk it has the details of the offer on there but it's saying the offer is 2% on Argos Purchases, not 10% that I've got.
  • clio
    clio Posts: 3,345 Forumite
    Options
    I've got the argos CC but as i'm not a new customer i phoned them up and told them i was unhappy i couldn't have an 0% offer, well just received through the post 2 x 0% cheques for 6 months with 3% fee. not great but at least my moan was listened to. also cheques can go into your bank account so they are the same as mint cheques. just thought i,d mention it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure