Universal Jobmatch - Mandatory CV public upload?

Options
red1980
red1980 Posts: 8 Forumite
edited 22 August 2013 at 1:21AM in Employment, jobseeking & training
Is it mandatory that jobseekers have to make their CV public for everyone to see. My Advisor said if I don't change it to public instead of private I would be sanctioned.

I prefer to have my details private so is their anything I can say or do to defend myself. I'm dreading the next sign in date.

Comments

• AP007
    AP007 Posts: 7,109 Forumite
    Options
    red1980 wrote: »
    Is it mandatory that jobseekers have to make their CV public for everyone to see. My Advisor said if I don't change it to public instead of private I would be sanctioned.

I prefer to have my details private so is their anything I can say or do to defend myself. I'm dreading the next sign in date.
    CV or account?

You do not have to allow the JC to see your account hence the tick box on the website to allow access
    We’ve had to remove your signature. Please check the Forum Rules if you’re unsure why it’s been removed and, if still unsure, email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
  • red1980
    red1980 Posts: 8 Forumite
    Options
    AP007 wrote: »
    CV or account?

You do not have to allow the JC to see your account hence the tick box on the website to allow access

I have already allowed them to access my UJM account to save grief, but I don't want to make my CV public. To be also targeted by spam and other bogus employers.
  • AP007
    AP007 Posts: 7,109 Forumite
    Options
    red1980 wrote: »
    I have already allowed them to access my UJM account to save grief, but I don't want to make my CV public. To be also targeted by spam and other bogus employers.
    no idea about that sorry - I thought anyone with an employers account could see CVS anyway?
    We’ve had to remove your signature. Please check the Forum Rules if you’re unsure why it’s been removed and, if still unsure, email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
  • krok
    krok Posts: 358 Forumite
    edited 22 August 2013 at 10:05AM
    Options
    I suggest that you do not allow then access to your account no matter what hastle you get.

Just untick the consent box. That is your right.

You do have to upload your cv to public if mandated to do so. All you have to do is do another cv without your personal details on it and make that one your public cv.

If you havent given them access they cannot check your cv anyway.

When you apply for jobs just use your other cv.

Do not give them access its just another sanction tool.
  • red1980
    Options
    krok wrote: »
    I suggest that you do not allow then access to your account no matter what hastle you get.

Just untick the consent box. That is your right.

You do have to upload your cv to public if mandated to do so. All you have to do is do another cv without your personal details on it and make that one your public cv.

If you havent given them access they cannot check your cv anyway.

When you apply for jobs just use your other cv.

Do not give them access its just another sanction tool.

Thanks for your answer, I might just go with your direction
    :T
  • Adamthegreat984
    Options
    ^^ as i do this aswell, but my advisor told me that it was up to me if i make it public or not.
  • ArtoDeeto
    ArtoDeeto Posts: 344 Forumite
    Options
    No it's not mandatory but you could be straying into denying yourself a job opportunity territory. Don't think you could be sanctioned on the basis you didn't make it public.
    krok wrote: »
    You do have to upload your cv to public if mandated to do so.
    Really? Not heard that one...
  • krok
    krok Posts: 358 Forumite
    Options
    If you read the universal jobmatch toolkit you will find this.

Issuing a Jobseeker’s Direction to mandate JSA claimants to
    create a profile and public CV in Universal Jobmatch
    51. Where you have explained the benefits to claimants of creating a profile
    and public CV in Universal Jobmatch and they will not do so willingly, they
    can be mandated to create a profile and public CV.
    52. However, for legal reasons, you cannot issue a Jobseeker’s Direction to
    mandate a claimant to create a profile and public CV unless a DWP IAD
    service is reasonably available to them should they need to use one - for
    example, because they do not want to accept cookies and therefore need
    to have access to a device on which cookies have already been accepted.
    53. You also cannot issue a Jobseeker’s Direction to mandate a claimant to
    give us access to their account – this is their decision not ours.

If you read it all it becomes clear that they can mandate you to create a public cv.
  • slenderkitten
    Options
    what i did is on sites such as this including monster etc etc REMOVE your:

Last name or shorten the first name and last name.

Use an entirely separate email address to the one you normally use and set it to forward to your real email address that way whoever contacts you wont know your real details.

Remove all of your postal address just put in what city you live in.

Remove or replace your telephone number, NEVER put a landline keep this number for family/friends only use a pay as you go one for that.

Unfortunately these are the tactics EVERYONE must take to protect their identity you would be surprised how much info is out there.

If you are registered on electoral roll your details show up on 192.com only partially but you can buy the info for not much info. You can fill in a form and ask for them to remove your details. This is how vulnerable society is.
    My Signature is MY OWN!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport