Butti's Journey: A matter of loaf and death

Options

Comments

• Butti
    Butti Posts: 5,014 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    ZTD wrote: »

Remember what your brother said: "Compliments: What they are, and how they happen." If he likes your top - that's not prima facie evidence he needs kneecapping....

Oooops...you haven't forgotten that then! :o
    I'll try to remember! :D
    Debt LBM (08/09) £11,641. DEBT FREE APRIL 2021.
    Diary 'Butti's journey : A matter of loaf or death'.
    Diary 2 'The whimsical tale of the Waterbed of Debt'
    48% off mortgage

'one day I will be rich and famous…for now I'll just have to settle for being poor and incredibly sexy'. Vimrod Member of MIKE'S :cool: MOB
  • Butti
    Options

Better that it sits heavy, than sits so light it drifts upwards and out your mouth...your nose...your ears...

I can't EVER remember vomiting out of my ears - impressive, disgusting but impressive all the same :o

Planning for an NSD tomorrow so have ordered my book club book today. Have ordered it from Amazon who I hate :mad::mad::mad::mad: because they are followers of zero hours and non-tax paying morals which in my book are no morals at all. But they're handy :o
    I do have some!!!:D Morals :D

Anyone know anywhere else that does cheap books or even reasonable books but pay tax?

Off to the pub quiz tonight. Light has given up on bike but friend is giving me a lift. I have nice friends aswell as nice bosses.
    48% off mortgage

'one day I will be rich and famous…for now I'll just have to settle for being poor and incredibly sexy'. Vimrod Member of MIKE'S :cool: MOB
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,292 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Had the amazon dilemma when DS went to uni.
    Sadly they were much much cheaper than all their rivals.

Happy quizzing :grin:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • ZTD
    ZTD Posts: 24,327 Forumite
    Options
    Butti wrote: »
    I can't EVER remember vomiting out of my ears

You were probably just still to drunk to remember... ;)
    Planning for an NSD tomorrow so have ordered my book club book today. Have ordered it from Amazon who I hate :mad::mad::mad::mad: because they are followers of zero hours and non-tax paying morals which in my book are no morals at all. But they're handy :o
    I do have some!!!:D Morals :D

Anyone know anywhere else that does cheap books or even reasonable books but pay tax?

What you must do with Amazon when buying books (or any other item) is to compare what Amazon Marketplace says, with what the vendor says.

So, for example - search for you favourite item. Click on the "69 used and new from 0.01p" link. You'll then see various vendors who you've probably bought from before through Amazon, along with (usually) Amazon themselves.

So, pick one of your favourite sellers - Bob's Spanking Emporium - and look the name up on your favourite search engine. You find that Bob has his own website CaneAndSlipperWorld.com. So, go there, and look through his online stock.

You usually (but not always) find:
    1. The seller's own website is slightly cheaper, because they're not paying Amazon
    2. The postage does not assume that 2 items = 2 x postage costs

Either way, it can work out a bit cheaper.
    "Follow the money!" - Deepthroat (AKA William Mark Felt Sr - Associate Director of the FBI)
    "We were born and raised in a summer haze." Adele 'Someone like you.'
    "Blowing your mind, 'cause you know what you'll find, when you're looking for things in the sky."
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • Butti
    Options
    Do you buy a lot of stuff from Bob's Spanking Emporium Mr Z?
    48% off mortgage

• beanielou
    Options

Splutter,splutter :rotfl::rotfl:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• Butti
    Options
    Absolutely starving but in the library and I WILL HAVE AN NSD:j:j:j:j:j

So apart from finding out about Mr Z's buying habits today:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:.....I also paid the £50 I got for health insurance off my HSBC card

HSBC CC £4404 £1079 75% paid off 18% APR!!!

So that total becomes;

HSBC CC £4404 £322 93% paid off 18% APR!!!

Going to try and live frugally and have a fair few NSDs before pay day in just over two weeks. Going home to cook a curry tonight so that will be another one for the collection.
    48% off mortgage

• beanielou
    Options
    HSBC looking good :j

Chuck us some curry.Ta :)

• ZTD
    ZTD Posts: 24,327 Forumite
    Options

Don't worry - you won't be displaced as "Most Favoured Customer".
    Going to try and live frugally and have a fair few NSDs before pay day in just over two weeks. Going home to cook a curry tonight so that will be another one for the collection.

You collect curries?
    "Follow the money!" - Deepthroat (AKA William Mark Felt Sr - Associate Director of the FBI)
    "We were born and raised in a summer haze." Adele 'Someone like you.'
    "Blowing your mind, 'cause you know what you'll find, when you're looking for things in the sky."
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • Butti
    Options
    Don't worry - you won't be displaced as "Most Favoured Customer".

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Collect curries?
    Last night it looked like I collected curries AND porridge. Today I have plenty of food!

Was going to sign language but lesson cancelled. Didn't fancy a late night at the pub quiz so have cancelled that too. Could have an NSD and get closer to this months target :money:

NAAAAAAH Going to go and get two mini bottles of wine (£3), clear more paperwork in the bedroom and put my feet up.:D:D:D:D:D:D

Oh and have a look at the budget :D
    48% off mortgage

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure