agora lifestyles

Options
Has anyone used agora lifestyles and the trading system for the stock market trading. They claim for a £4 trade you can profit upto £96. Any thoughts or experience

Comments

• Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,057 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    A thought: if it sounds too good to be true ...
    Signature removed for peace of mind
  • chrismac1
    chrismac1 Posts: 2,585 Forumite
    edited 31 May 2012 at 6:59AM
    Options
    I've tried a few of these trading systems and whilst I've made some money out of one of them that was in conjunction with what I already was doing. So I was not just following the system but tweaking it, and tweaking out the poorer trades as it turned out.

I am about £5k up on spread betting and seem to be "getting there" as Deecember was my last down month. Having made over £70k on sports betting before taking up financials due to most of my betting accounts being £5 maximum bets, let me tell you financials are a LOT tougher.

As a minimum you need:

1. A system.
    2. Discipline.
    3. Half-Kelly staking or similar. If you do not know what this is then find out!
    4. The system will include working out your exits at the time you enter trades, and passing on those with unsuitable exits.

Example:

I opened my last trade by shorting the Euro versus USD at 12587 on 23 may, which was itself a follow-up to a 218 pip winning short bet between 8 and 15 May.

The clear place for a stop loss on this trade was 7 pips above the half-way mark (marabuzo line - Google this!) of the big red candle on the 4 hour chart which had driven the market down through key support of 12600. So max. risk was 113 pips which is within my 200 max. on this market, I am essentially a swing trader with 10 to 15 trading days being my typical duration of position other than the duffers where the stops get hit right away.

This trade was a bit lucky as the market came within 4 pips of the stop twice, before plunging again. I am going on holiday for 10 days today so moved my stop loss aggressively down from 12630 to 12545 where i was taken out 2 days ago. Normally I would not have done this and still be in at 12392 where it trades now.

I have been increasing my bet sizes on the back of my victories. If I keep winning then the £70k sports betting profits will end up looking like peanuts because spread bettting companies let you win a lot more before they limit your stakes.

If that were to happen, would I tell anyone how I was doing it for $100? NO! Why should I? My system takes 10 or 15 minutes a day, anytime of the day between 9 and 5. If I tell enough people then the system does not work because everyone else is trying to get on at the same time. In sports betting it was even more important NOT to be a tipster except to a select band of 5 people who gave me reliable tips and we could all trust one another not to be selling the tips to hundreds of others.

There are hundreds of sharks in the waters you are swimming in. If you are a little fish, swim fast and learn fast or you'll become a meal!
    Hideous Muddles from Right Charlies
  • chrismac1
    chrismac1 Posts: 2,585 Forumite
    Options
    http://www.systemsfortraders.com/

One other thing - this site is reliable, they test these systems to destruction and most of them turn out to be pants. I would not go near a system which had not been through this process.
    Hideous Muddles from Right Charlies
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport