Big problems with Music Magpie

Options
I have experienced several problems with MM; firstly parcel sent using their prepaid sticker they claim was lost in the post and to contact PO to gain recompense. PO states that these stickers do not conform to recompense guidelines and MM should refund. No response from them despite many call and emails. Next parcel sent still awaiting cheque (they suggest lost in post!!) again no response to emails and calls. Anyone else had this problem and if so any suggestions.

Comments

• custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    with the changes to RMs set up
    using a business returns service removes the compensation level of retail products
    its between you and Musuc Magpie
  • oldbaldwiser
    Options
    OK so recently received an email from this shower... thanking me for registering with them.... I have not never have and never would..... immediately mailed them back to request that my email address be removed from their system ....... before I had chance to send this another mail lands advising that they are going to arrange to collect the items I have left out for them on Thursday quoting an address which is not mine in Altrincham (I live miles away in Bolton). I immediately responded yet again to their email contact address again referring to my earlier mail and repeating my request that they remove my email address from their system. This resulted in another reminder mail re collection of the package. To which I again sent a rather forthright and abrupt response asking to be removed from their system or if this was a scam that they "go away" again no reply .... today another mail thanking me for registering with them..... after much site searching found an 0870 number (10.22 pence per minute from my phone) Looked on "say no to 0870" local listed number there has been discontinued .. reluctantly tried the 0870 to be told 9th in queue not playing that game .... anybody any advice how I can get rid of these clowns :mad:
    ... or could my suspicions be right that this is in fact a scam ... and that the next will be a request for my bank details so they can pay me :D
  • oldbaldwiser
    Options
    Ah hopefully satisfaction just managed to get through on a live chat line no explanation given but "Daisy" assures me that she is going to change the email address so I no longer have any communication from them ..... well we shall see!!
  • Jm53
    Jm53 Posts: 4 Newbie
    Options
    I would never I repeat NEVER EVER use this service! Took forever for the cheque to come through and I didn't get all the money I was promised! Some of my items got rejected instead of being returned to me were probably sold on for a profit whilst I got NOTHING!! MY ADVICE DONT NOT GO THERE UNDER ABY CIRCUMSTANCES. Their customer service is terrible when I rang up to ask why I didn't get all my money they told me it wasn't their problem and was apparently in the terms and conditions. I future well sell it on ebay they only pay 25p anyway and won't pay for for all your items! It's disgusting! DO NOT USE! EVER!!!
  • googler
    googler Posts: 16,103 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    There's at least two other threads on MM around here, and they're not very complimentary ...
  • System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Thankfully Jm53 has wrote the same message four times to ensure that all the threads are bumped up and everyone is aware :laugh:
  • dippy3103
    dippy3103 Posts: 1,959 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Jm53 wrote: »
    I would never I repeat NEVER EVER use this service! Took forever for the cheque to come through and I didn't get all the money I was promised! Some of my items got rejected instead of being returned to me were probably sold on for a profit whilst I got NOTHING!! MY ADVICE DONT NOT GO THERE UNDER ABY CIRCUMSTANCES. Their customer service is terrible when I rang up to ask why I didn't get all my money they told me it wasn't their problem and was apparently in the terms and conditions. I future well sell it on ebay they only pay 25p anyway and won't pay for for all your items! It's disgusting! DO NOT USE! EVER!!!

My experience with them too. They are sharks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport