Clarity Credit Management - Scam?

Options
Had a few texts from this company asking me to ring and then had a call today asking me to confirm my details, I have no idea who they are so refused, woman said they'd sent me letters but I haven't received any. She said they need to talk to me about something important, I told them to send more letters!

Anyone had any dealings with them, from the few things I can find online it seems to be a scam or a fishing exercise on their part, I can never understand how companies can ring you and then ask you to confirm your details like date of birth etc

I do have outstanding debt but it is all in a debt management plan so I can't think what this company is on about.

Comments

• fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    Possible that one of the DMP creditors has passed the debt on to them I suppose.

Only thing to do is wait and see if they write.
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • WRINKLES
    WRINKLES Posts: 817 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    They are a dept collection company / ignore them and anybody else who does not send a letter with proper details of a dept they are chasing / even then come on here for advice before doing anything .
    GRADUATED FIRST CLASS WITH HONORS FROM THE SCHOOL OF HARD KNOCKS RECOMENDED READ IF BY RUDYARD KIPLING
  • simpywimpy
    simpywimpy Posts: 2,384 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Ive had the same calls for the last two weeks. Had 2 calls today from the same person and a recorded voice call asking me to call them. Also get text messages.

I think mine is regarding an insurance policy that I cancelled after my shop closed but it appears I have to pay for the rest of the year as I had a claim

I have asked them to stop harrassing me with telephone calls and to make all contact by mail.
  • harrys_dad
    harrys_dad Posts: 1,997 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just another bog standard DCA, ignore them until they write you a letter, then get advice.
  • Moniqueues
    Options
    I have just had an email from these people saying I owe BT money from an old address. I know I don't owe this money and I'm not even with BT now.
    They did know the years I was at the old address but the dates were wrong.
    Suspicious (as always) I did a search and find they are chancers and to completely ignore any missive they sent you.
    DON'T reply to them or else they'll harass you more.
    If they were legitimate they would send letters to your door.

I wish there was laws in place to guard people against fraudsters like these. Very annoying.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure