Cahoot flexi loan / Santander REFUND WOW

Options
Hi
I'm new to all this but was so excited about a letter from Santander this morning offering me £4866.96 back.
I too noticed recently that when they took over the Cahoot loan they increased the interest rate to 21.94% from about 8%.
So thought i would write a letter to get the ball rolling etc...:) how I felt this was excessive and didn't have any correspondence from them about the take over, it was only a few lines 3 weeks ago!!!!
They did state they are NOT at fault and this was a good will gesture! hey but if I wasn't guilty of wrong doing I wouldn't pay up!

Just waiting for them to credit my account, so watch this space....
Deb:)

Comments

• DON79
    DON79 Posts: 3,842 Forumite
    Options
    congratulations :)
    BSC #215/No.1 Jan 09 Club
  • InsertWittyName
    Options
    Interested in the content of the letter you sent, if you wouldn't mind sharing it?
    I was a DFW, now I'm a MFW :T
  • chanz4
    chanz4 Posts: 10,895 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Xmas Saver!
    Options
    you wont get any more than that back, green eyed monster
    Don't put your trust into an Experian score - it is not a number any bank will ever use & it is generally a waste of money to purchase it. They are also selling you insurance you dont need.
  • Hotcakes_Debbie
    Options
    What do you mean chanz4 ?
  • Hotcakes_Debbie
    Options
    Will post letter and all info once i receive refund ( don't want to count my chickens....)
  • patfla
    patfla Posts: 17 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    For the past 3 months they have reduced my interet to zero from the sky high rate.
    I asked them why via telephone and they stated that they looked at the account and decided to reduce the rate to zero per cent.
    Again accepting no responsibility for my complaint.
    I have now written TWICE to them to explain why they have reduced the rate,from what date does the zero per cent interest rate commence,and am I due a refund of funds after paying the high rate for so long.Needless to say they have not answered as yet,will keep all informed
  • arbroath_lass
    Options
    I received over £3000 from Santander on Friday. Good to hear others are getting theirs too. I was a bit it concerned something odd was going on.
  • Kira000
    Kira000 Posts: 1,983 Forumite
    Options
    I sent a complaint about my cahoot flexi yesterday, following another post on here from Harry, and have had a preliminary response acknowledging the complaint today, and assuring me they would be investigating.
    I will be interested to see what they say, as i think my account was opened in 2000, and finally closed (with help from a cheaper loan) last year. Off on mat leave soon, so anything i got offered back would be a super bonus!

Well done you!
    Married 13/03/10 #1 DD born 13/01/12!!

;)Newborn Thread Founder ;)
  • Cell
    Cell Posts: 580 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    This was referred to in this thread yesterday

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3578349

I can't pretend that I fully understand why the refunds are being given and as such don't quite know what to write.

I paid mine off a couple of months ago, but the interest rate certainly changed over time.

Any template that people have used would be greatly appreciated, thank you.
  • arbroath_lass
    Options
    All I wrote was -

Account : XXX

I write to raise a formal complaint on the above account. The account was taken out on XX/XX/XXXX with the company Cahoot. I understand Cahoot was taken over in the 2009/2010 period by Santander who had bought the parent company Abbey.

The account was excellent until October 2006 when the company imposed massive interest rate hikes. These interest rate rises continued until the account was settled in XXX XXXX.

I wish to complain that these rate rises were unfair and the rate rises and final rate were unreasonable.

This was based on advice from Harry6854 (the OP on the other thread).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure