Discogs?

Options
Hello, just wondering if anyone had bought any vinyl from discogs and if they had any opinion of it? Looks like a bit more hassle than ebay but the prices seem to be more reasonable for the more popular/rare records.

Comments

• westendguy
    westendguy Posts: 58 Forumite
    Options
    I actualy used them for the first time a few weeks ago and bought a vinyl single from a seller in Japan. Paid by paypal and received prompt replies to 2 enquiries made to other sellers. The single arrived in good time, was exactly as described and probably the most securely packed single I have ever received! Also about £5 cheaper than the last copy sold on ebay.

I may have been lucky, but would certainly consider using them again, if only for comparison as I've also found bargains on other sites such as amazon.com, musicstack, or even by just googling the title I wanted.
  • amydigsittoo
    Options
    Try g e m m dot com . GEMM's great. You get a guarantee of your payment from the web site, independent of and no matter which seller you order from. Discogs and Musicstack don't do that. Much safer.
  • SatanicHare
    SatanicHare Posts: 390 Forumite
    Options
    Hi, not used discogs but i have used http://www.vinylnet.co.uk/ and found them to be reliable, not much help with your original question but it may give you an alternative.
  • whatyadoinsucka
    Options
    discogs is a great website, as with all websites exercise caution check out feedbacks etc, I've never had a problem, ensure you understand the 'record collector' grading system
    ie good isn't the best when you consider the scale

mint, nr mint, vg+, vg, g, poor

i sell a few vinyls from time to time, usually i send a paypal invoice out, it gets paid i leave feedback, then post, updating the stages of the sale on the discogs site

discogs is great for referencing, and has yuotube videos and forums, so you should find what you are looking for and more
  • OldSchool_3
    OldSchool_3 Posts: 21 Forumite
    Options
    I never had a problem with discogs it really works with me it also has videos to help you out. Hope you can try it.
    :rotfl::rotfl:I said it cause I can:rotfl::rotfl:
  • Bazey
    Bazey Posts: 8,230 Forumite
    Options
    I recommend discogs, great prices and not had any problems as a buyer or seller. :)
  • brotherjackson
    Options
    As an experienced user of discogs and other sites mentioned (gemm/musicstack etc), I can recommend discogs as being the best one for vinyl (and sometimes cd). With discogs you are buying from individual sellers and you can check them out first by feedback and then by emailing them with any concerns you may have (delivery charges/condition/packaging etc) and if you get a bad feeling about the seller then you have the option of going with another seller.With Gemm/musicstack etc you find a lot of 'bulk sellers' who sell on various sites and dont always have the adverstised item in stock. There is no proper feedback system for gemm either,so a seller may have 100% rating-but it only applies to how quickly they processed your order as oppsoe to actual customer service or quality of goods.
    I have sold over 2000 items on discogs with about 5 bad buyers . gemm I have sold about the same but have had more hassles and returns.
    Also- if you pay by paypal it is almost impossible to get something you are not happy with as you can easily file a paypal claim,so you dont ever los out.
  • raindancerob
    Options
    iv used Discogs for years & never had any issues
  • raindancerob
    Options
    Try g e m m dot com . GEMM's great. You get a guarantee of your payment from the web site, independent of and no matter which seller you order from. Discogs and Musicstack don't do that. Much safer.

Gemm is one of the most over priced sites around, crazy prices
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport