Grattan

Options
Grattan
sorry if this is posted in the wrong place. i'm new!

I am having some problems with Grattan, I had an account with them some time ago and moved house, sent them a letter to change my address, heard nothing, repeated this 2 more times...still nothing, i checked my credit file to find a default from a company called eos solutions, after alot of waiting on the phone i found this to be the Grattan account( eos could not give me a statement of this account) So i called Grattan and asked to discuss the account and to have a statement of the account sendt to my new address. Rita at Grattan said she could not discuss the account, could not put me through to anyone in collections and that i must speak to Eos. i argued that i had given my address to them and its their fault if they did not update. I had tried. Advice please, Eos have now taken the account from the £229 to over £330. there was no reason for this debt to be sold on as i i had given Grattan my new address and asked them to send me statements so i could pay. :mad:

HELP

Comments

• Tixy
    Tixy Posts: 31,455 Forumite
    Options
    Do you have any proof that you provided grattan with your new address (I know you wouldn't have expected to have this issuebut if you have copies of the letters or better still proof of posting the letter it will certainly help your case).

How long ago did you move house? and did you never hear anything from grattan after this date or attempt to make payment?

I wouldn't call either eos or grattan by phone.
    To have added a default to your file Grattan must have sent out a formal default notice to your last known address. You could write and ask for a copy of that or you could do a CCA request for £1 to ask for a copy of the credit agreement and the default notice, or you could do a subject access request to request a copy of everything they hold on file for you (costs £10).
    A smile enriches those who receive without making poorer those who give
    or "It costs nowt to be nice"
  • System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    as you were aware you owed this money could you not just have kept track online and paid that way ?
  • freyjavous
    freyjavous Posts: 9 Forumite
    Options
    i tried to log in several times and called them but they locked my account, also i needed an up to date statement as when i rang they always stated diff amounts that i owed.
  • freyjavous
    freyjavous Posts: 9 Forumite
    Options
    i have the letters i sent grattan which state my new address and me asking for statements
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure