Shawshank Redemption DVD £3 ASDA

Options
I saw this at Lancaster ASDA for £3. Was £4 last week.

Can't say if this is a nationwide/regional sale but it was part of their "summer promotions" stand on the entertainment floor, seperate to the normal DVDs.

Comments

• Clasics
    Clasics Posts: 1,740 Forumite
    Options
    Bargain! And can I say IMHO one of the greatest films ever made!
    I spelt my username wrongly on purpose, by the way!
  • Constantine
    Constantine Posts: 1,561 Forumite
    Options
    If you are lucky enough to find it in stock, it is £2.49 in Boots atm
    Who or what was I before you came in to my life
    I am not sure
  • AdamW
    AdamW Posts: 31 Forumite
    Options
    If you want to order off the internet its 2.99 at HMV

http://www.hmv.co.uk/hmvweb/displayProductDetails.do?ctx=-1;5;-1;-1&sku=95542

plus you'll get 4 lovely Nectar points
  • hobbsy_3
    hobbsy_3 Posts: 27 Forumite
    Options
    Despite being one of the greatest films ever made, this DVD always seems to be cheaply priced
  • southernscouser
    Options
    hobbsy wrote:
    Despite being one of the greatest films ever made, this DVD always seems to be cheaply priced

Correction! The greatest film ever made! ;):p
  • Clasics
    Clasics Posts: 1,740 Forumite
    Options
    hobbsy wrote:

And it was a dismal failure on its cinematic release. The World is a really weird place at times. I think the main problem with it is if you had to describe the storyline to a friend it would probably sound very depressing. In actual fact, it's probably the most uplifting film I've ever seen.
    I spelt my username wrongly on purpose, by the way!
  • royalsteve
    Options
    Clasics wrote:
    And it was a dismal failure on its cinematic release. The World is a really weird place at times. I think the main problem with it is if you had to describe the storyline to a friend it would probably sound very depressing. In actual fact, it's probably the most uplifting film I've ever seen.

it is an extremely good film and one of the best...could have watched it free on Film4 last week...probably failed due to the reasons you say and also its length which at the time was too long and almost an hour longer than most other films at the time
    Stevie Coppell's record breaking blue and white royal army - championship winners 2005-6
  • s-j-cooper_2
    Options
    I also noticed that they had 'Sideways' for £3 in Kendal Asda the other day - never seen it, but it is supposed to be good
  • Irishorangutan
    Options
    I bought Shawshank last month for 2.99 at HMV and forced my Fiancee to watch it for the first time!

Back of the net!
    26/09/2017 - Started comping again. Wins so far: 1!
    11/10/17 - Capture Kill Release on DVD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport