Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • kayke_dee
    • By kayke_dee 3rd Mar 10, 9:51 AM
    • 69Posts
    • 679Thanks
    kayke_dee
    0 WOW
    Jango feedback
    • 3rd Mar 10, 9:51 AM
    0 WOW
    Jango feedback 3rd Mar 10 at 9:51 AM

This thread is specifically to discuss feedback for

Jango (Link)

If you've used Jango, we'd love to know how it was for you, so we can improve the guide. Click reply to leave your feedback.

To read about online music streaming in general, read the main
    Free Online Music guide

Many thanks,
    MSE Becca

Now back to the original post...

Hey guys just thought i'd share this great site with you all. Like many here im always looking for the cheaper route. Instead of buying cds anymore i listen to online radio and downloads.

I fell upon www.jango.com and i listen to it everyday.
    It does require a login, but its free to sign up and it does allow you to personalise the music you listen to. You have your own profile to which you can do a about me section, add pictures, make friends

You can create a music station and give it a unique name, and also have multiple stations for each genre of music. I have all of mine in one station so that i don't get too bored. Everything from rock,pop,motown,hip hop, gospel,tv and film soundtrack plus lots more.

All you need to do to find the music you want is to type in the name of the artist, or the name of a specific song. Typing in the artist name will bring up a list of all that artists songs, all you do then is click 'add' on the ones you want. Or you could add the artist and all that artists songs will be added to your station.
    With each search you do on a song or artist is a dedicated page.
    So if i searched beyonce http://www.jango.com/music/Beyonce?l=0
    it would bring up 75 songs for me to add to my station, the option to add the whole artist, also watch her videos, read up about her,look at pictures,connect to others who enjoy her music and find simular music by other artists.
    Theres a tool bar underneath the song description. a very smiley face, a neutral/smiley face and a sad face. Click the very smiley face and that song will play a lot in your station, click the middle face and it will play occasionally, and click the sad face and the song will never play again. I Love this function as it gives me more control over what i listen to, unlike a normal radio station. You can also click on other peoples stations and listen to them, when you hear a song you like add it to your own.

The only downside to Jango is the new music that pops up after so many songs. This is a unsigned artist that is using the site to reach people with their music. The song will start playing and you have the option of clicking make them or break them, this is not a must and you can just click exit on the box and skip to the next song in your station. Some people may like this as it is new music, so just thought i'd mention it.
    Last edited by Former MSE Becca; 19-02-2013 at 4:41 PM.
    2014 wins: 2x 100 vouchers, 1 nt stay at st james hotel nottingham, ellas kitchen pouches, x2 gadget show tickets,x2 dresses,dvds, mr kiplings, crate of IPA,wall mural,sleep spray,beach towel, Best win to date: 7 night break in Cornwall barn conversion thanks to everyone who posts!
Page 1
    • markharding557
    • By markharding557 8th Mar 10, 10:27 PM
    • 2,893 Posts
    • 3,209 Thanks
    markharding557
    • 8th Mar 10, 10:27 PM
    • 8th Mar 10, 10:27 PM
    I have had a look at this however i didn't think it was very good because you do not have much control over what is played.
    I recommend spotify if you can get a free account or grooveshark
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

604Posts Today

4,731Users online

Martin's Twitter