PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

whats the difference Paneer & Mozzerella ?

Hi, Can any of you guys tell me what's the diffence between Paneer cheese and Mozerella cheese ? I made some paneer cheese the other week, and it was great, Yesterday i made a HM pizza and used Mozzerella in the topping. Which made me think could i use HM paneer as a substitute for Mozzerella. Or if someone has a recipe for making HM Mozzerella cheese that would be great and would save lots of pennies (maybe)
Just thought I'd ask you guy's as you are a knowledgeable lot.
Thanks demented.
20p savers club
before joining had nothing
joined on 19/03
now have £40.00 saved :j :j :j
saving to pay off debts Debts now paid off. Yeah.
Amazon sellers club member 31

Comments

• Wizwoo
    Wizwoo Posts: 675 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I googled and got this:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paneer
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mozzarella

So they are produced differently plus one has added salt and the other doesn't. I have noticed that some recipes will interchange them though.

Good luck.
  • ladygrey_2
    ladygrey_2 Posts: 374 Forumite
    I always think Mozzarella has a much better taste when cooked
  • bltchef
    bltchef Posts: 292 Forumite
    panneer is a vegetarian indian chesse used in some currys mozzerella is a cheese made with bufflow milk hope this helps :D
  • Debt_Free_Chick
    Debt_Free_Chick Posts: 13,276 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    I think one of the key differences is that paneer will keep its shape when cooked, whereas mozzarella will melt and go all goey.

If you've ever had sag paneer in an Indian restaurant, you can clearly see the cubes of cheese. With mozzarella, you would have a combination of melted cheese and spinach.

Cheers
    Warning ..... I'm a peri-menopausal axe-wielding maniac ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure