PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Banana Bags? Do They Work?

Options
My fruit seems to be going off a lot quicker over here and its winter so the heat isnt a factor right now.

Ive seem cloth bags that you can store bananas in and spuds and was wondering if they actually work?

Many thanks

Pix
x
:jDebt Free At Last!:j

Comments

• sufisu
    sufisu Posts: 30 Forumite
    Options
    I have a banana bag, bought from Lakeland, which is plastic rather than cloth, and it works brilliantly. The bag is designed to store bananas in the fridge at the optimum temperature to prevent them turning. I think the longest I've kept them is about a week and the skins do go a strange colour but the fruit inside really does stay just as you bought it. I think the bags retail at about £5, though as I bought mine a while ago this may have gone up.
  • rockie4
    rockie4 Posts: 1,264 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I've got the Lakeland banana bag and it's brilliant! I've kept bananas for about 10days, yes the skins go a bit grey looking but the banana inside is perfect :D

I've also got the Lakeland potato bag, I know that works as I found it at the back of the cupboard at the weekend, inside were 6 smallish potatoes from our allotment that had been in there at least 6 weeks :rolleyes:, we ate them last night and they were fine, firm, no sprouty or soft bits!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure