I wanna Email Address for Sir Terry Leahy (Tesco head)

Options
Enterprise_1701C
Enterprise_1701C Posts: 23,409 Forumite
Photogenic First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
edited 7 July 2009 at 10:11AM in I wanna buy it or do it
Cant find it due to apparent lack of search function ATM. (Not complaining - I know there was hardware problems last night)- I do know someone posted it on here before but as to where?

I had an argument with Electrical CS at local store yesterday - bought a phone supposed to be half price (£39) and was charged full price. Went to electrical desk who promptly refunded me and then expected me to pay full offer price. Tried to speak to manager - mysteriously unavailable. Spoke to someone on phone who I was told was HO but was well before 9 and was previously told no-one in before 9 and had no way of knowing who I was talking to :mad:

Was told that DTD did not mean you got to keep item after getting DTD back and that policy had changed (one assistant said last year, the other 3 years ago!) - so many different versions in this story I think they were fobbing me off. Argued as much as possible but had to give up.:mad:

Naturally need to write to the top dog on this - think they were just squirming out of it as it was high value so if anyone can help me here please help.
What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare

Comments

• pullup
    pullup Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry, I don't know what Sir Terry's email address is.

However I do work at Tesco customer services and can confirm that the overcharge policy changed about 2 years ago and instead of getting your money back and keeping the item, when you are over charged, you now get double the difference and keep the item.
    So if you paid £78 and where expecting to pay £39 you would get double £39 back which obviously is £78 PLUS you would keep the phone.
    I am sure Terry would be very disapointed that the store you visited don't understand the procedures, I would sugest you return to the store and speak to the "customer service manager" or go to another store and take up your complaint there, you don't have to go back to the original store.
  • AnnieP20
    Options
    I know this is way after the post, but for anyone who wants it, this worked for me about a year ago.

terry.leahy@uk.tesco.com
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport