Disgusting colleague!!

Options
I'm having kind of a silly issue at work, but I'm being 100% serious. I work in a very small business, 11-13 employees in on any given day. We have one single stall restroom for the whole office. Very often there is pee on the toilet bowl, and occasionally a glob of something else right in the small area where the actual toilet seat does not cover. I kid you not.

Every Monday we get together and discuss business stuff, project status, etc. Two weeks ago I brought up that we should try to keep the toilet a little cleaner. In an effort to be professional and not get too descriptive, I kept it at that. Then over the week, I noticed there was no change.

I brought it up again at the next meeting, when I was actually asked if we were doing better with our toilet hygiene. I said no, and this time I explained that there is a small area not covered by the toilet seat and this is what needs to be wiped up after you go.

This next day after this meeting, I go to the bathroom and lo and behold, pee droplets all over this area. This time, however, I did notice who came out of the bathroom right before this. Later, I went to the restroom after this person AGAIN and same thing.

This person is a 50-60 year old man, who has a handicap. He can walk, but has a bit of limp. He definitely has less trouble standing up and sitting down than another overweight employee that works with us, so I would not assume that he cannot bend over wipe up his mess. The restroom is basically a handicapped friendly as well, with bars to help you get up and down if needed.

Now that I know who it is, what the heck do I do? I have been wiping it up, using copious amounts of toilet paper, but its really gross and should be kept clean, especially if we have high profile clients in the office, which this person probably wouldn't be to aware of.

As a note as well, there is a small chance that he is doing it on purpose as I am the one bringing up the issue - he is a software developer and I am the UI designer, and maybe he secretly hates what I do and/or has an issue taking instruction from a much younger person. EDIT: Not pulling the sexist card or anything here, there have been some times where he would not listen to or disagree with what I'm explaining to him, and another employee would have to come over and have to help us communicate. However I doubt this is the issue. It may also be a cultural thing for toilet sanitation to be less important, as this person is from a different country.

EDIT: Our crappers are actually very clean, always except for these little pee incidents.

Comments

• Mr.Generous
    Options
    So have I got this right ... He lifts the seat, gets pee on the ceramic pottery, then puts the seat down over the pee rather than cleaning it up with a bit of toilet roll if its accidental. It is presumably above the area cleaned by a flush. Men with a very short penis sometimes don't stand close enough to get it into the bowl, or possibly he is sitting down and just letting rip without aiming down.

I'd tell the office manager to sort it if its not your job, telling people stuff like this never goes down well.
  • annandale
    annandale Posts: 1,469 Forumite
    Options
    You mean disabled, handicapped is not the best word to use

Restroom? Are you from the UK, who on earth calls a toilet a restroom?

All I can say is, you've referred to him as handicapped and made comments that he might not care about toilet sanitation as hes from another country

You sound awful to be honest
  • dickydonkin
    Options
    Men with a very short penis sometimes don't stand close enough to get it into the bowl

Is that assertion based on research or just a general observation? :)
  • ScorpiondeRooftrouser
    ScorpiondeRooftrouser Posts: 2,851 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 14 September 2017 at 9:21AM
    Options
    Look at the user name. And this is the first post. Surely nobody is taking this seriously.

I would lay any money you like that this is the similarly named "manislactating" who realised that two posts like this following their last toilet-based nonsense would give them away so deleted the thread they started last night with this, re-registered with a different name and posted it.

Why they feel this is a good use of their time I cannot imagine.
  • AylesburyDuck
    Options
    Fully paid up member of the ignore button club.
    If it walks like a Duck, quacks like a Duck, it's a Duck.
  • ElefantEd
    ElefantEd Posts: 1,189 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Look at the user name. And this is the first post. Surely nobody is taking this seriously.

Good point. Though I'm not sure if we should start to judge whether posts are worth taking seriously based on the user name, ScorpiondeRooftrouser! :rotfl:
  • ScorpiondeRooftrouser
    ScorpiondeRooftrouser Posts: 2,851 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 14 September 2017 at 3:13PM
    Options
    ElefantEd wrote: »
    Good point. Though I'm not sure if we should start to judge whether posts are worth taking seriously based on the user name, ScorpiondeRooftrouser! :rotfl:

If you joined the forum specifically to post and ask for help, you wouldn't choose that as a username. You would want people to take you seriously.

I on the other hand don't care whether people take me seriously as I have never asked for help.

Quite apart from the fact that my username is a nod to one of the greatest humourists of the 20th century.
  • Manxman_in_exile
    Options
    Ha ha!

How does the OP know who the "offender" is unless the OP visited the toilet immediately before and after the alleged "offender"? It could have been any previous user.

This board ought to be renamed "Bodily functions complaints"!
  • Samsung_Note2
    Options
    I've worked in a couple of places where masturbation was a serious issue..as in left sticking to the toilet bowl...quite obvious what it was.

Also current place...someone has a habit of having a poo and leaving it there without flushing,more concerning is the lack of toilet paper.

Sadly people dont seem to take it seriously.
  • McKneff
    McKneff Posts: 38,825 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Pur a big sign on the door

WHATEVER YOU HAVE COME IN HERE FOR, PLEASE SIT DOWN
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport