Royal Mail Interview

Options
Hi,

Just wondering if anyone can help.

I have an interview for Royal Mail this week to be a postwoman and am nervous about it!

Has anyone had an interview recently? What sort of questions will be asked?

Many Thanks

Comments

• xapprenticex
    xapprenticex Posts: 1,760 Forumite
    Options
    Most people are nervous about interviews. I have no idea what they will ask besides possibly your physical fitness and knowledge of the area.
  • TELLIT01
    TELLIT01 Posts: 16,530 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    I wouldn't worry too much. RM are so desperate for staff that as long as you are breathing you will probably be offered a job :-)
  • Fay_elizabeth
    Options
    I used to be a postwoman. The interview was really easy - all standard kind of questions but they also ask a lot about your physical fitness.
  • Beans27
    Beans27 Posts: 116 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi OP, out of interest, did you use the online system to get an interview?

My partner has tried on at least 3 occasions to apply for jobs at Royal Mail, passes the sorting activity element of the test and then fails the psychometric element of it every time.....he said it's lots of questions like do you prefer team work or working on your own, so whatever it is he is answering they clearly don't like! Very frustrating.

Thanks
  • getzls
    getzls Posts: 761 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I remember being asked what I do in the evening. Don't say you go out on the drink!
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Beans27 wrote: »
    Hi OP, out of interest, did you use the online system to get an interview?

My partner has tried on at least 3 occasions to apply for jobs at Royal Mail, passes the sorting activity element of the test and then fails the psychometric element of it every time.....he said it's lots of questions like do you prefer team work or working on your own, so whatever it is he is answering they clearly don't like! Very frustrating.

Thanks

Afraid I cant tell the answer. Usually these questions are asked more than once in different formats to drill down personality types.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure