Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Options

Comments

• silvercar
    silvercar Posts: 46,967 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I choose turquoise for the dress colour please.

Shame about East coast trains, it was worth 250 points a month for the Virgin Red app.
    I'm a Forum Ambassador on The Coronavirus Boards as well as the housing, mortgages and student money saving boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Forum Ambassadors are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
  • tweets
    tweets Posts: 35,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    Good Afternoon :hello:

Snap (((X)))
  • Serendipitious
    Serendipitious Posts: 6,446 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    silvercar wrote: »
    I choose turquoise for the dress colour please.

Shame about East coast trains, it was worth 250 points a month for the Virgin Red app.

It's all those unaccompanied kids running riot... :D
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

• TrulyMadly
    TrulyMadly Posts: 39,754 Forumite
    Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Can I ask a quick ebay question?

If I put something on eBay with the £1 selling fee and changed it subsequently from auction to buy it now will I be charged full fees?
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • Tinyshoes
    Tinyshoes Posts: 29,014 Forumite
    Options
    Does anyone know how strict caf! rouge are with the clubcard boost vouchers, I missed that it is maximum party 6 :o and with Teeny (age 4) we will be a party of 7. :eek:

I've already changed them now £150 worth. :( We could have done PE and got my free bottle of Prosecco but 2 of us fancied the duck.

Was going to be my birthday meal...

Mr TS thinks they won't notice, but I don't want to risk a big bill at the end. I have suggested DD checks and we change the booking to a table of 4 and 3 if it does as the codes are on 2 sheets.

Any ideas thanks...
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,923 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Tinyshoes wrote: »
    Does anyone know how strict caf! rouge are with the clubcard boost vouchers, I missed that it is maximum party 6 :o and with Teeny (age 4) we will be a party of 7. :eek:

I've already changed them now £150 worth. :( We could have done PE and got my free bottle of Prosecco but 2 of us fancied the duck.

Was going to be my birthday meal...

Mr TS thinks they won't notice, but I don't want to risk a big bill at the end. I have suggested DD checks and we change the booking to a table of 4 and 3 if it does as the codes are on 2 sheets.

Any ideas thanks...
    I dont think it would count, or say she is 3:rotfl::rotfl:
    TM sorry dont know :o
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • altojack
    altojack Posts: 9,734 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    IVORY for wedding dress please

Hello Elite :hello:

Just popping my head around the door to let you know I've not got lost nor forgotten you all. I mean, how on earth could I forget DM, or Anon come to think of it :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Been home almost a week and already feel I need a break :eek: why is it things always have a nasty habit of cropping up when we're busy. Phone calls, appointments and a hasty doctor appointment for me last Friday.

My leg was still quite red and hit whilst away and veins here and there painful, so I took my creams with me. Imagine my shock when doc said leg not healed and I'm back on antibiotics, 2 weeks worth:(. Totally fed up with it to be honest.

Hope everyone enjoying the sunshine, and keeping well. Spending little as per.

Hugs to the Elite poorly and those low in body and mind. If only I had a magic word or two that would take away the badness you feel xx
    There's no place like home :)

Feeling down? Weak in body? Makes no difference to me, I think of you all when I'm sitting quietly.

Hugs and healing thoughts are always going your way.
  • fuzzgun19
    fuzzgun19 Posts: 7,767 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    TrulyMadly wrote: »
    Can I ask a quick ebay question?

If I put something on eBay with the £1 selling fee and changed it subsequently from auction to buy it now will I be charged full fees?

As far as I know it wont let you change from one to the other once listed.
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
  • altojack
    Options
    I ended up buying 3 pairs of shoes for holidays. The expensive ones were quite heavy so I ended up leaving them at home. I was as you can imagine over the weight limit :eek: Mr AJ was not impressed with me unpacking everything and starting again :rotfl: I ended up with 2 pairs of low cut over the toes , pumps. Got a larger size to give extra width as feet were and still are puffy :cool:

After 3 days, I could barely walk, got blisters on big toe bones , yes, both bloody feet :eek: At that point kindly Mr AJ offered me his Peacock flip flops. I sweetly turned him down, turned my head away and grimaced. 10 minutes later, when I realised I couldn't wear the other pumps as they rubbed on blisters too.

I'll never understand what made me ask him if I could wear them :cool: tried them on and they pressed on blisters. So he offered me a clean pair of socks.

So, there I was parading around and riding this scooter thing in socks and a size 10 men's flip flops :o

Hey, it's a good job I was wearing long dresses to hide those hideous things :o. Never again. Oh I had to travel home in them too. Quite a vision of fashion :rotfl: :rotfl:

Feeling down? Weak in body? Makes no difference to me, I think of you all when I'm sitting quietly.

• altojack
    Options
    Off for dinner , then maybe a small catch-up xx

Ruddy 60 seconds

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure