Missing creditor on my credit report

Options
Hi there.

I was declared bankrupt in November 2017 and I’ve been keeping an eye on my credit report and all seemed ok apart from one or two saying late payment instead of default and some still showing incorrect default date which I will contact them about once I start the credit report clean up process once I’m discharged but what I am a little bit concerned about is one of the credit card creditors I had has disappeared from my report without trace. I know they sold on the debt but it hasn’t showed up with the new company either and I can’t remember who it was that bought the debt.

Should I be concerned? And if so, who should I contact?

Thanks in advance

Paul

Comments

• maxmycardagain
    Options
    THEY should be worried....not you

ALL debts (except council tax, compensation awards and student loans are wiped/zapped/lost in space... (i think)
    Now we all know how it felt to play in the band on the Titanic...
  • Craig1981
    Options
    THEY should be worried....not you

ALL debts (except council tax, compensation awards and student loans are wiped/zapped/lost in space... (i think)

dependant on the council, we will wipe any council tax debt up to a final notice for current year. doesnt matter if liability orders or not for previous debt.

BUT, legally, if liability order is obtained, a council cannot chase you for the debt, but can still instruct bailiffs to collect debt on a liability order
  • maxmycardagain
    Options
    Surely if I pay a CT bill pre-BR does that not make them a preferential creditor in the eyes of the IS?
    Now we all know how it felt to play in the band on the Titanic...
  • Craig1981
    Options
    Surely if I pay a CT bill pre-BR does that not make them a preferential creditor in the eyes of the IS?

surely not, this is a legitimate expense?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure