Toilets and the law

Options

Comments

• shortcrust
    shortcrust Posts: 2,697 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary Newshound!
    Options
    At the risk of flaunting my status as a logistical genius, they can move the existing bin from the out of action women's toilet to the gents.
  • dominqueobs
    dominqueobs Posts: 14 Forumite
    Options
    shortcrust wrote: »
    At the risk of flaunting my status as a logistical genius, they can move the existing bin from the out of action women's toilet to the gents.

Let them do that then, unless the reason they're out of order prevents them doing so. I'm just saying they need to have a bin specifically for sanitary towels not just shove a pedal bin in there. That's the only thing I can see is different between a locked cubicle stall for men and women, in answer to the OP's question :rotfl: :rotfl:
  • 74jax
    74jax Posts: 7,923 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options

You flaunt your status girl, I'm 100% with you.
    Forty and fabulous, well that's what my cards say....
  • Soot2006
    Soot2006 Posts: 2,167 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options

Inspirational!

... At my work we've been campaigning for unisex toilets so wouldn't bother me at all.
  • comeandgo
    comeandgo Posts: 5,744 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Try going to a rugby match where the ladies queue for the toilets is so so long, the men don't mind if the ladies use their loos too, well non have been brave enough to complain.
  • Bogof_Babe
    Bogof_Babe Posts: 10,803 Forumite
    Options
    A bit awkward if the ladies have to walk past urinals to get to a cubicle. Unless there's a way of ensuring such are not in use at any time when potentially a female might wish to use a loo.
    :D I haven't bogged off yet, and I ain't no babe :D

• Nebulous2
    Nebulous2 Posts: 5,116 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I've been seeing lots of people getting very wound up about toilets in other places - and not knowing what their background is or what might be upsetting them I've always decided it is best to keep quiet.

However - this seems to be a particularly British thing. Camping and touring in France / Netherlands / Spain people seem much more relaxed about it. Campsite toilets are often unisex. Even where they aren't if the female toilet is closed for cleaning women will wander into the male toilet without a second thought. In motorway service stations, as described above for rugby matches, if there is a queue at the ladies people will make their way into the gents.
  • Tabbytabitha
    Tabbytabitha Posts: 4,684 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Bogof_Babe wrote: »
    A bit awkward if the ladies have to walk past urinals to get to a cubicle. Unless there's a way of ensuring such are not in use at any time when potentially a female might wish to use a loo.

You must have better eyesight than I have!
  • nicechap
    nicechap Posts: 2,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Originally Posted by shortcrust
    "Contact the Ministry of Fairness....If sufficient evidence of unfairness is discovered you’ll get an apology, a permanent contract with backdated benefits, a ‘Let’s Make it Fair!’ tshirt and mug, and those guilty of unfairness will be sent on a Fairness Awareness course."
  • TELLIT01
    TELLIT01 Posts: 16,486 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Issue instruction that only cubicles are to be used, not the urinals, until the problem with the ladies toilet has been fixed. Move the sanitary bin into one of cubicles (assuming more than one) and designate it for female use only. Not rocket science.
    If only the male toilets are available I'm not sure what other solution the OP expects. Should the men go outside and p behind a tree?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure